14' Starcraft Seafarer Build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Starcraft Seafarer that I'm trying to sell. I do not know what year model the boat is, but it is in good condition. The boat still has the manufactor's serial and model number plate still on it. I need help getting the information on how much the boat is worth. I'm also having trouble selling it in the part of the region I live in. Everyone that has looked at the boat has been looking for a flat bottom Jon boat instead a mid-v bottom boat. Please email me any information you can give, thanks! Email address is [email protected]. [-o<

Hey Bono,

I am not sure where you are from, but when I bought my boat 3 years ago I paid $500 for the boat, cover, and trailer. The guy offered me a 20hp motor that he had laying around for an extra $1000 which would have put the package cost at $1500. I think this was a steal for $500 because most boats don't last very long on Craigslist around here, especially for that price. I am not sure what all you have added to your boat or plan to include in your sale because that would add or take away value.

Hey was wondering what kind of hinges you used. Piano hinges? Easy to install?

Hey bass,
I used a piano style hinge that I picked up from the scrap/surplus yard where I bought my other materials. They were made from aluminum and pretty flexible. They were also very easy to put on.

Hey first off I've gotta say great build. I am going to base my aluminum decking off yours.

I would like to know more about that center seat/base. I am looking at seat bases and I want one that removes easily, yet is sturdy enough to use under way with a 50hp motor. Do you think it fits the bill? If so do you remember what model it is?

TC,

Thanks... I am not sure what model number the seat base and pedestal are. I believe the Springfield company makes the combo kit I used and I bought the kit from Cabela's. I do know that the seat base and pedestal were meant to be used as a passenger or driver seat in any boat so I believe that it should work for you with the 50 HP. The seat itself locks on the pedestal while moving fast and then unlocks to swivel when fishing. Just make sure to check the ratings on the pedestal before you buy it. It should say what speeds it is rated for on the packaging. I know the pin style pedestals I have for the front and back are meant for trolling only when the pedestal extension is in.

I have the exact same boat with the same sportwin 9.5 lol even painted it blue ! I put a small floor deck in and was wondering how did yours do with 3 ppl and the deck seems like a lot of weight were all under 180 lbs my deck weighs no more than 80 lbs

Rodknee,

I was really never able to get on plane with two people in the boat. The lil 9.5 would push with all it had but the bow wasn't able to get out of the water. I would estimate it moved two people about 7 or 8 mph (I didn't have GPS speedometer at the time). I quickly upgraded to the 18HP later that summer. The lil motor will get you there, just don't expect to win any races lol.

I'm also from PA (Bucks Co.) and like what you did. I am 95% I also just bought a seafarer. Although the model information is long lost, my title just says Starcraft.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434924928.303209.jpg

Hey tuck im lurking your mod and drooling. Im going to hopefully start one very similar soon. I was wondering how stable she is with the decks. Im thinkig about an almost identical boat for bass fishing and would love to know how you like it for fishing now that shes done.