1975 Fisher Marine Bateau 1438 Mod -**NEW PICS OCT 16**

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waiting for the rest of my steelflex to come in so I finished rebuilding the carb and got it back on today. Now just have to change out the impeller and hopefully it will at least crank.

Attachments

• 10 aug 11 b.jpg
    10 aug 11 b.jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 1,337
Thanks for the comment. Been doing small stuff while waiting on the rest of the steelflex to come in. Once I get the steelflex finished I can flip it back over and really get to work, hopefully.

Just received the rest of the steelflex in the mail today. Finished up the sides. Now I can finally turn it over and get to work on the inside. More family coming tomorrow though so progress will probably be slow until next week.

Finally finished painting the boat on the inside and steelflex on the outside. Transition was a little difficult but I think it came out alright. Only thing left to paint is the rear bench seat. I think I am going to leave the front bench seat out and replace it with an aluminum brace for added strengh. Anyway, nice to be done with this part of the project. now I can start thinking about decking it in, etc.

Attachments

• 17 aug 11c.jpg
    17 aug 11c.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 1,440
  • 17 aug  1b.jpg
    17 aug 1b.jpg
    345.5 KB · Views: 1,440
  • 17 aug 11a.jpg
    17 aug 11a.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 1,440
Of all the flat bottoms I like the fisher marines best. dont know why. =D>

Howard, thanks for that, yeah I am really happy to be able to keep it in the family and hopefully after redoing it totally it will last a lot longer.

Jay D, it is a 1975 Johnson 25 HP pull start. It was bought with the boat and been on it ever since.

Here is my general idea of what I am going to do. I did not add all the details, especially for the wiring, etc. There will be more stuff wired in to the battery in the back. The front battery will be for the trolling motor only. There will also be a deck (more like a floor) in the middle section of the boat. Let me know if you guys see anything that will cause problems, or if you have any better ideas. Just brainstorming at this point. Thanks

Attachments

• boat des.jpg
    boat des.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 1,354
Painted one of the boat seats and put it back in today. I also put the letters on the boat. Of course the number that Florida issued me had 3 - 3's in it so there were not enough 3's in the $10 pack of letters. So I cut the B's into 3's and also needed to cut an E into an F, but I think they look fine. The second pic is the one with the altered letters.

Attachments

• 22 Aug 11b.jpg
    22 Aug 11b.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 1,336
  • 22 Aug 11a.jpg
    22 Aug 11a.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 1,336
Got the back seat back in today. I still think that I am going to leave the front one out. It will be easier to deck without it, and I will still have bracing side to side.

Also finished changing out the impeller in the motor. So far carb rebuild, changed plugs, fuel lines, lower unit oil and impeller. Whenever I take the boat out to see what height I want the decking I am going to try to crank it. We'll see how it goes.

Attachments

• 23 aug 11.jpg
    23 aug 11.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 1,324
jigngrub said:
Buy a set of muffs for that motor so you can crank it in the driveway, they might save you some trouble on the water.

Be carefull with the muffs on the older johnsons. My 20HP has two small water intake holes at funny angles, not muff friendly :(