1989 17' tracker pro 17 mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dearl said:
Got my depth finder from bugpac yesterday, got her wired in today, works as it should, thanks again for the great deal. Started working on the side panels today, got one completed, will be doing the other tomorrow. Dyeguy, a friend and i are going out tomorrow to try and catch bait for a up and coming tournament, I will get you some on the move pictures posted tomorrow. Can't wait for you guys to see the ole girl in action. :mrgreen:

Sounds good!

Glad to here the fishfinder worked... I can't test the one I got from bugpac for another month at least :-({|=

Got some pics of the new floors and sides for you guys, took her out Friday, fished some, but I left the camera at the house (sorry dyeguy) Plan to do some Crappie fishing Saturday, PROMISE I will get you some on the water pics then.

DSC01830.JPG

DSC01829.JPG

DSC01827.JPG

Man that rig turned out nice; the Mad Catter is sittin' pretty! So how many times have you been asked about it at the ramp?

I'm not sure how I missed your build all this time.. but you did a fantastic job! =D>

The only question that I have is why you went back with the plywood decks instead of the original plan to use aluminum? You could have still riveted or screwed the aluminum down to the supports for removal if you ever needed (and either carpeted or hydroturfed it for your wife).

Have you gps'd the speed yet? If you can get low to mid 50's with a 60hp, it's going to finally get me in gear to start tinkering with my setup for optimal top end. :lol:

Thanks guys, Rat I haven't been asked anything yet, seeing as I have been the only dummy at the boat ramp when its 39 degrees out :shock: . You gotta want to fish bad to go out right now. Yep I'm proud of the ole girl, turned out better than I expected. I appreciate all of the advice and help I got from you guys.

Quakrstackr, your right, I could have done it in aluminum, and I still might, but budgets low, and plywood is cheap so I will fish out of it as is for now, but if I win this tournament next week, could be some more mods planned for the ole girl. I haven't gps'd her yet, I wanted to wait till I got back to 50-1 oil to gas first, and I'm on the last tank full now before I do that and tune the carbs good, then I will post some numbers for you.

man I like your build! and get this, I have a 1652 weldbuilt with same center console and your decking is what i am workin on also. oh your truck is the same color as my 04 gmc 4dr.....this is somewhat weird =D>

Rat said:
Looks like he is using a transom mounted through hull pickup and voluntary overflow in conjunction with a recirc pump.

Transom pick up
file.php

Recirc pump, overflows and bottom drain can be seen here.
file.php

Very Nice.
Solid setup....
Only thing I can see that could be incorrect would be that even though he has two 3/4" overflow lines they are both connected together using 3/4" pipe....which means the same rate of flow drain from one as both. (i.e. using two is the same as only having one as 3/4" can only handle so much water flow fed by gravity). The pipe downstream after the bottom drain would need to increase to a larger size like 1 1/2" to make it drain faster...which is the reason you have two overflow lines to keep up with the 3/4" intake from the pump. JMO.