2009 Tinboats.Net Roadtrip/Rally ---DALE HOLLOW---

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow... that looks like it could work in the clear reservoirs where I fish. I think I'll be picking up a few of the Punisher II jigs, as well as an aspirin jig or 2. That's awesome, thanks for the link.

PLEASE DON'T EAT OUR SMALLIES!!! (even if you can stomach them).

Crappie is decent right now, in October they'll be killer. Slip bobber and Tuffy minnows in 20-25 feet of water near brush piles should make for a good mess that night.

Hey DHF.... I've fished Norris a few times a year for about 30 years when I went down there to visit my inlaws - always targeted walleye.. Been fishing Bull Shoals, Arkansas last 3 years in the spring, still targeting walleyes (be back at Bull Shoals in May, 09). I basically target walleyes in the northern lakes/rivers up here in Illinois too - guess you could say I'm a wallye guy.

My first trip to Dale Hollow is next October during our outing there. I know it is famous for smallies, but, I assume it also has some good size walleyes too?? Am I right???????

I must not have been notified of your post - sorry it took so long to reply.

The walleye fishing is pretty good here. I haven't been myself on Dale Hollow, but my partner, Stephen Headrick, fills his freezer every year. He's a Smallmouth guy, but he loves to talk walleye so I'd give him a call (800-260-JIGS) and he'll be able to help you out better than me.

By the way, our new fishing report is live, and thank you to all of the tinboat.net members that have participated in our site as well. Great group of guys and I can't wait to meet you guys in October.

Topo map of area around resort: (map from MapTech.com)

Looks a little hilly around there! 8)

Star_Point_Resort_area.jpg

flounderhead59 said:
Waterwings said:

Only to you Topo and Geocaching guys. To me it looks like fluffy bushes :lol:

Take a Black Sharpie (I know you still have one!) and you can mark the hills, dales and fluffy bushes

Also, I hear tell that the Black Sharpie will make my Swamp Donkey frogs change color, but as of now this is only a theory

flounderhead59 said:
Waterwings said:

Only to you Topo and Geocaching guys. To me it looks like fluffy bushes :lol:

I didn't check the contour intervals, which are normally 5-10 meters on the maps we use for orienteering, but one way to get an idea of the "slope" of the terrain is to notice that the closer the contour lines are together, the steeper it is. Notice the elevation numbers range from 700 to 915 feet above sea level. :wink:

CRAP~! I just found out I have an ORI (Operational Rediness Inspection) with my military unit scheduled for Oct 13-20. Unless I'm able to transfer out of this unit by then I won't be able to come. I'm still going to keep the room booked just in case I'm able to transfer and I can make it.

I sure hope those are real nice roads as I really (and I mean REALLY) hate driving in mountains and very hilly terrain. Guess we'll bring the Silverado with the V8 instead of the Trailblazer with the straight 6.

flounderhead59 said:
I sure hope those are real nice roads as I really (and I mean REALLY) hate driving in mountains and very hilly terrain. Guess we'll bring the Silverado with the V8 instead of the Trailblazer with the straight 6.

The roads are nice... you should have no issues getting to Star Point. However, you will be in the mountains/plateau of middle TN... lots of steep hills so plan accordingly.

Waterwings said:
Are you bringing the boat?

I don't like driving in mountains either.

Yup, that's what the additional pulling power of the full sized pickup. I'll double check the differences in sea level but don't think I'll need to have the boat motor adjusted to compensate for the altitude.

I am free to go. Was going to be rooming with Russ010, but if it turns out that he can't make it, I will probably have half a room open.

I love mountain driving by the way. :D

This is gonna be here before we know it. Doesn't seem like that long ago that the first idea was brought up. :mrgreen:

Latest posts