270Handiman's 1649 Custom Flat Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really enjoyed watching what you did with that boat, will you be posting progress of your new boat?

I can I guess. It's a new aluminum hull so there nothing to work on there, but I will be doing another camo job and installing the Hydro-Turf. I bought an old aluminum bay boat trailer and I've been completely refurbishing it, and that would have made a good thread if I would have thought of it. #-o

brasso said:
270Handiman said:
brasso said:
So I take it your going to throw a mudbuddy 45 mag on the back of it sooner or later? with as mechanically inclined as you seem, why not buy the extra parts and make it a 5500 or 7000? Also, what will the little longtail be used for that you have in the garage?

You did an awesome job with the paint, and the entire boat. A little more than I would of put into my boat, but you definetely gave me a few ideas.. I appreciate you directing me to this thread. Did you ever put up a build thread on MMT?

It has been converted to a 5500, it was just a 45 block that we built up. The longtail was my first mud motor back in 1992. We ran that sucker for years! I used to have it on an old 14x36, but we finally gave up and trashed it a few years back and sold it for scrap. And no, I never did a build thread on MMT, figured they wouldn't be interested in a ribbed bottom boat.

I'm about to start my paint job on my new rig in a few weeks.

Sweet! So you did all of this and now your selling the boat? :?

Whats your next boat gonna be? I take it your throwing the 5500 on it?

Gator Trax 1750 HD with Hybrid rake, extended deck, gun box, half box with pedestal seat, and 9 gallon gas tank beneath the HD.

Awesome! not that gator trax isint a good boat because they are, but have you considered a custom builder yet? Its gonna be a little bit cheaper and made the exact way you want and wont be near as heavy as a gator trax.. Those things are frkn tanks.. I know a guy who can make you one, that even looks like a gator trax because thats how I wanted mine built

Yea, I considered it. I even considered building it myself. Problem is that I just can't talk myself out of the Gator Trax. I will have some custom features done, and other than modifying the basic hull they will do anything you ask them to do. Remember, they were the "custom" builder years ago, so they know what it's all about. Who's your builder?

whiteboots16 said:
Man I have read this tread over and over agin. I'm about to start mine this days off. I have a 1648 semi-v commercial hull that i want to make into a center console.

Should be a nice project. Looks like you're only a few minutes from me, so hollar if you need some help.