Any Interest in a Rally/Get-together?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eagle Cove Resort might be the place to stay/launch from then... They are right on the border... so if you wanted to fish KY, you could go there and vice versa. Doesn't matter to me either way... just say when and where.[/quote]

After looking at it on line, I have two thoughts:

1. While it is on the border, it seems to be located in a spot that favors the KY side and looks like you need to motor quite a ways to get to the main part of the TN side of the lake??

2. It is also quite pricey (very nice looking, but expensive). Certainly not out of the question, especially if you share the cost with others (we would have two couples to share the cost of a two-bedroom chalet). Boat rentals are high also.

Any of you Tennessee/Kentucky guys/gals have any other suggestions on resorts?? Just curious if there are some others to consider - more geared toward fishing cabins rather than chalets with whirlpools, etc.

I normally put in at Eagle's Cove, well the last three times anyway. I beleive you can use eigther states lic if fishing from the mouth of Wolf River back to a certain point in Wolf River. I'll find out what that position is and let ya'll know. They appear to have plenty of places to stay but I don't know the expense.

"Tennessee and Kentucky has a reciprocal agreement so that a fishing license from either state
is valid. The Dale Hollow Reciprocal fishing water is recognized in the Wolf River, including Illwill
Creek, beginning at a line crossing the Wolf River at its mouth where it joins the Obey River."

https://www.dalehollowlake.com/images/Corps-Lake_Facility_Grid_04-2004.pdf

This was taken from the Corp of Engineers web site on Dale Hollow Lake under Reciprocal Agreement.

I'm about 2 hours away from the lake but we take a couple of trips a year there. Here is some information on different places around the lake. I've stayed at some of them and not in others. I want to make sure that everyone understands that this lake and the area that surrounds it is not a huge "tourist" place... it's more for those who love to fish and want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. There is not a Wal-Mart on every corner or a bunch of nice chain restaurants to eat at. If you're looking for something like that, you'll have to drive a good distance. It is however just a couple of hours from Nashville, Knoxville & Pigeon Forge which have more malls and tourist attractions than I care to mention. Take a look at the links below and see what you think. There may be others as well, so feel free to list them. If you have questions, post them... I may not have the answer but I will try to track them down for you.

https://www.hollycreek.com/index.html
This is the Eagle Cove resort we stay at, they have cabins for rent which are very nice. They have slips available as well were you can keep your boat if you bring it. It is on the upper end of the lake near KY and is at the mouth of the Wolf River.

https://www.dalehollow.com/sportsmans lodge.htm
This is a motel around 5-8 miles from the water. I've stayed at it as well and it's nothing fancy but it's a good little place to lay your head. They have lots of rooms and plenty of places to park your boat. This two is closer to the KY side.

https://www.starpointresort.com/fishinfo.htm
This is another resort type place but it doesn't have the fancy chalets like Eagle Cove does... this is an older place with different types of old cabins. I've never stayed here so I cant comment on them but I have used the marina many times and it's a good place to launch from.

https://www.willowgrove.com/cabininfo.html
This is another resort type place. I can tell you much about it as I have never used it.

https://horsecreek-resort.com/index.php
This is a resort with cabins/houses for rent. I've never stayed at this one but I have talked to several people who have had nothing but good things to say. This one is on the lower end of the lake near the dam in TN. Not sure if they have boats or not.

https://maps.dalehollow.org/index.html
Here is a map of the lake with some information about different facilities.

God Bless & Good Fishing!
G3

My non-reciprocal info
*At the present time, there is no reciprocal fishing agreement between Kentucky and Tennessee; a separate license is required for each state's waters.
came from here: https://www.dalehollowlake.com/

According to KDFWR regulations:

DALE HOLLOW LAKE
Anglers may use either a Tennessee
or a Kentucky sport fishing license
while fishing in the Wolf River arm of
Dale Hollow Lake. This includes the
Illwill Creek embayment beginning at a
line crossing the Wolf River at its mouth
where it joins the Obey River and the
main part of the lake.
Anglers must obey the regulations
of the state in which they are licensed.
Kentucky residents must have a Kentucky
license.

Here is a link to a map contained on that first link. No idea why they said that when they have a map showing otherwise.

https://www.dalehollowlake.com/images/Corps_Lake_Map_04-2004.pdf

G3_Guy,
How far are the cabins from the boats at eagle cove? https://www.hollycreek.com/index.html Can we at least see the boats from the cabins? How close are the cabins to each other?

This one is catching my eye too.

Here are a few pics I took of the place from the water our last trip down in February... It's not great but it'll give you an idea. 95% of the cabins are in viewing distance of the Marina and all of them are in walking distance.

These are the larger cabins we stayed in when we went in Jan. If the water is up, there is a small man made beach the kids can play on.
DaleHollow2008040.jpg

This was taken from the front porch of the Jan cabin. If you look to the right of this pic, the road goes all the way down along the lake and there are cabins all along the right side of the road. That's the marina in the background.
DaleHollow2008061.jpg

These are the smaller ones we stayed in in Feb. The big cabins from Jan. are the the left of the cabins in this pic. The Marina is to the left as well.
DaleHollowVacation034.jpg

DaleHollowVacation035.jpg

This was taken from the front porch of our cabin last trip.
DaleHollowVacation036.jpg

They have a couple of small play sets as well.
DaleHollowVacation051.jpg

Check out my Dale Hollow Gallery if you want to see what kind of fish it holds... all fish were released to fight another day. :wink:

https://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z136/G3_Guy/Fishing Pics/TN - Dale Hollow/?start=all

Sounds good to me, Although it would depend on funds at the time for me. About the cheapest cabin they got during that time(fall) is $135/night, so like I said....It would depend on what I could afford at the time. Plus thats only the one cabin...the rest are quite a bit more. :?

Bubba said:
Sounds good to me, Although it would depend on funds at the time for me. About the cheapest cabin they got during that time(fall) is $135/night, so like I said....It would depend on what I could afford at the time. Plus thats only the one cabin...the rest are quite a bit more. :?

Who needs a cabin........ your car or track has a back seat dont it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BassAddict said:
Bubba said:

Who needs a cabin........ your car or track has a back seat dont it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eh'....I don't know about that now. :? It does, but not much of one. :|

Bubba,
Thinking about getting the Bigfoot Chalet Or a big cabin with multiple bedrooms and bathrooms. That is $425 per night for 5 bedrooms (will only use 2-3) and 4 full baths. That is $85 a night per bedroom. Any interest in renting a bedroom If we go that route? This is open to all.

Bubba raised a valid concern which I also mentioned earlier - $135 per night and up...

Jim asked about the dock - these are not private docks, it is a large public marina. We'd be wise to remove all our gear anytime we come in, lunch, dinner and definately over night.

Many of the other resorts have their own private docks which are safer for leaving your gear on the boat.

The price range for other locations are from $70-$80 per night and up (two bedroom, 4-6 persons) but don't have the amenities like the whilrpools, etc. - more geared for a fishing weekend than a luxurious vacation spot. I would think that those would be more appealing for our members wants???

Again I would ask the locals to help out with assessing the numerous resorts to find one that is affordable amd meets our fishing needs. G3_Guy has postd several options to look at.

Again, just adding my 2 cents worth. After many trips to other lakes, I have always found it more comfortable staying at family owned or smaller resorts with private docks than at the large resorts located by the huge public marinas....

FishingCop said:
Bubba raised a valid concern which I also mentioned earlier - $135 per night and up...

Jim asked about the dock - these are not private docks, it is a large public marina. We'd be wise to remove all our gear anytime we come in, lunch, dinner and definately over night.

Many of the other resorts have their own private docks which are safer for leaving your gear on the boat.

The price range for other locations are from $70-$80 per night and up (two bedroom, 4-6 persons) but don't have the amenities like the whilrpools, etc. - more geared for a fishing weekend than a luxurious vacation spot. I would think that those would be more appealing for our members wants???

Again I would ask the locals to help out with assessing the numerous resorts to find one that is affordable amd meets our fishing needs. G3_Guy has postd several options to look at.

Again, just adding my 2 cents worth. After many trips to other lakes, I have always found it more comfortable staying at family owned or smaller resorts with private docks than at the large resorts located by the huge public marinas....

I agree...I'm going at this blind. The cheaper rates are appealing.

Jim said:
FishingCop said:

I agree...I'm going at this blind. The cheaper rates are appealing.

Not so much the cheaper rates as the security of a smaller resort, cabins generally closer to the lake, docks generaly more private and secure, less commercialized and more family oriented and all around a better deal for a group like ours to enjoy socialize and fish in one of the better lakes in the country.

If we do go this way, I wouldn't mind splitting the cost with someone that wanted to share a cabin. But I am kinda seeing FishingCop's views too....It would be nice not to have to worry about anything when we all leave our boats at night. And I know quite a few of you guys probably don't have rod lockers n' such to keep everything out of site. So it would be a PITA to have to lug all your gear back and forth every morning if we could find a place where we could leave it in the boats. :?