De-pro'ing a Tracker

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll be fine with the sides. Your decks are long enough to keep it braced. My rear deck is now gone,and the front deck about 2' shorter,so I braced mine. BTW,mine may end up a jet yet. Been thinking about it. You'll like the weight moved forward.
[/quote]

perfect thanks for your help

Beautiful work Bmac. I follwed your fishtoon build, if memory serves me right I believe it was on the pontoonstuff forum, and it inspired me to rebuild my own pontoon boat. I wanted to do what you did but the wife had other ideas but it turned out great and we are still enjoying it. This was another great build that I enjoyed. You have some pretty killer skills when it comes to boat building. I love the open floor plan and the all aluminum theme, just like the fishtoon. =D>
I just picked up a 2016 lund 18`SSV with a front casting deck that is in like new shape and eventually want to get rid of the wood and go all aluminum and this build just to the excitment.

stomper said:
Beautiful work Bmac. I follwed your fishtoon build, if memory serves me right I believe it was on the pontoonstuff forum, and it inspired me to rebuild my own pontoon boat. I wanted to do what you did but the wife had other ideas but it turned out great and we are still enjoying it. This was another great build that I enjoyed. You have some pretty killer skills when it comes to boat building. I love the open floor plan and the all aluminum theme, just like the fishtoon. =D>
I just picked up a 2016 lund 18`SSV with a front casting deck that is in like new shape and eventually want to get rid of the wood and go all aluminum and this build just to the excitment.

Stomper, glad to hear your toon build turned out good. Hard to beat a day on the toon. On the 8th season with my Fishtoon now. Has proven to be a real battle wagon. Made a few upgrades to it since you probably seen it last. This video shows the original build and the upgrades. BTW, good luck with your Lund,that's a nice rig.

https://youtu.be/JG3z-Qhgkds

Stomper, glad to hear your toon build turned out good. Hard to beat a day on the toon. On the 8th season with my Fishtoon now. Has proven to be a real battle wagon. Made a few upgrades to it since you probably seen it last. This video shows the original build and the upgrades. BTW, good luck with your Lund,that's a nice rig.

[/quote]

WOW!!! just watched your video..thats amazing!!

That's hands down the coolest pontoon ever. Also I like the air over hydro bender as well! Did you weld all that with a spool gun?

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Thanks Guys
Ah, either you love it or you hate it.

Yes, almost everything was done with the spoolgun. Wouldn't recommend it on the tubes,but it worked for me after practicing for awhile on thin aluminum.

Man you've done amazing work on this boat! It's part inspiring and part boat envy when I look at the work I've done with my Lund rebuild so far :lol:

It's a tough balance I'm trying to strike between having enough room for passengers and utility for fishing since I'll using it for both with my wife/pup/friends some trips to the sand bar and fishing outings with the brother on others. The way you integrated the gas tank into the front is giving me some good ideas on how I might get some weight forward on my boat.

Overall great looking boat!

Bmac said:
stomper said:

Very very nice. I love the center console and the fact that it's all aluminum and plastic for super easy clean up. Does it get too bright on a sunny day with the bare aluminum deck. Thats the perfect fishing pontoon and man does that thing move.

Only brite for about the 1st month. I didn't use any sealer on it to let it dull naturally. Everyone thought it would be to hot,but the aluminum dissipates heat fast on the water. My grandson runs around barefoot on it. Admitting though that his feet are tougher than mine.

As far as cleanup goes. I do virtually none. Have a 60 psi washdown pump,and just wash the slime and blood down as it happens. It's also weather proof. Sits outside yr round through the sunshine, rain, hail, and snow. Just park it,plug it in,and walk away.

My absolute dream boat is a 100% welded aluminum with zero maintenance except an easy pressure washing. Simply for the reasons that you have stated above. My feelings are that there is no place for wood in a marine enviroment.