DrNip's Weld-Craft 1248 - Hit 32.1 MPH!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back from BPS. Going with the Mercury 25 HP PT&T. The have it in stock. Wanted the 30 HP but can't justify 5 more HP for $800 more. As soon as the credit back to my credit card is finalized I will be getting it. Hopefully midweek next week.

glad this pain in the a?? is finally getting to a close for you - I've learned a lot from your experience.

Well I called Harbour Marine out of Hot Springs Arkansas this morning. This is the boat shop I was going to order my boat from if I went with the Weldbilt boat. But I went with the Weld Craft and purchased it down the street in Hot Springs. It looks like I will be going with a 30 HP Tohatsu PT&T from him. He is $400 cheaper than the ETEC I was going to get and $235 cheaper than BPS on the Mercury 25 HP. The Tohatsu comes with a 5 year warranty whereas the Mercury is only a 3 year warranty. I will be getting 5 more HP for cheaper just have to make an 11 hour round trip to get it and probably burn up that $235 saving in gas. Well worth it for more power, longer warranty and beautiful drive through that part of Oklahoma and Arkansas.

ROFL, right? He says he has one in stock but in the event he doesn't by the time I come it is only $500 down and a few days wait. Better than full amount down, 9 week wait and no motor in the end! Lol

In your case I think I would call before you leave to make sure they have one on hand and then politely ask them to hold it for you for 5 hours until you get there. :p

If I survive ! Lol

You have to remember my boat is heavier than your normal 12'. It was 345 from the factory. Motor, batteries, gear and me not to mention when the livewell is full it'll be pretty heavy. Should still scoot something wicked though.

Yeah Tohatsu makes several motors that are re-branded. The Merc only has a 3 year warranty and is more expensive for less HP.

So how you feeling after makeing the right decission on an outboard?Those evinrude outboards should be LAST RESORT only.Sure them may have made a good one but compaired to Yamaha,Mercury or Tohatsu they take a back seat

I'm feeling really good. The whole time I was waiting on the ETEC I kept asking myself if I made the wrong decision on the motor and place of purchase. Haven't thought that since purchasing the Tohatsu in Hot Springs which is where I was originally going to order at. So far with the new company I have called them twice and they have called me back both times! Called the last company 20 times or so and they only called back twice! lol They ended up not having a 30 in stock so I put down a small deposit and the new motor is being shipped from Dallas today or Monday and will be in Tuesday or Wednesday. Looks like I will be fishing by the following weekend. :D

Glad to hear you will be hitting the water soon!! I was just reading up on your post its crazy what you have been through. Good luck with the new motor and hope you catch lots of fish. btw I like the way your build is coming along :beer:

Thanks. Wife had a garage sale and she had numerous request for her to sell the boat. She told them to check back in a week and if that dang motor wasn't in she'd sell it! :shock:

Oh boy! Just got the call, my motor is in. Only took one week! Leaving out at 3 am for Hot Springs Arkansas to have it installed.

Enjoy Hot Springs.
I grew up in Edmond and now live in NW Arkansas. Tons of great places to fish up here. We like to travel south and see the sights around HS and further west.
Look forward to seeing the finished project.

Latest posts