e21 Carrot Stik

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see so many available on ebay from shops that I dont understand why a powerhouse like TW is having a hard time getting them in stock.

They are starting to grow on me a little bit

Jim said:
I see so many available on ebay from shops that I dont understand why a powerhouse like TW is having a hard time getting them in stock.

Apparently, they're waiting for e21 to send a new shipment. After the first 500 piece run e21 made they sold out in December, and can't meet the demands from the retailers they're so popular.

Well, today is the 9th. I'm gonna give it a few hours and then check the tracking # on it...................just to see, but I'm thinking they ain't getting 'em on a Sunday. I'm getting real close to cancelling the order and spending the money elswhere. I wonder if they charge for order cancellations for something they're out of, lol.

Waterwings said:
Jim said:

Apparently, they're waiting for e21 to send a new shipment. After the first 500 piece run e21 made they sold out in December, and can't meet the demands from the retailers they're so popular.

Well, today is the 9th. I'm gonna give it a few hours and then check the tracking # on it...................just to see, but I'm thinking they ain't getting 'em on a Sunday. I'm getting real close to cancelling the order and spending the money elswhere. I wonder if they charge for order cancellations for something they're out of, lol.

i looked at TW and the carrot sticks were going to be here on the 14th now?

Jim said:
Waterwings said:
Jim said:

i looked at TW and the carrot sticks were going to be here on the 14th now?

:shock: I'm gonna go and check now.

...but I have a feeling that may change
(Note: quoting myself now
crazy_face.gif
)

Well, the receive date at TW changed to 3/21. Enough is enough. I cancelled the order and found the same rod in-stock at Tackle Direct on-line. I should have it no later than 3/19. Yeah, I know I should just wait to see if the shipment from TW arrived on 3/21 at their store, and then wait for them to ship it to me, but who the hell knows what the next date change would be).

Waterwings, I was wondering how long it was going to take you to cancel that order, I always checked for the latest update, better luck this time my friend.

****....I wish you would get this rod already. I have only read reviews and held them in stores. I just wanna hear, first hand, how a carrot stic fishes. Good luck on getting your rod soon.

Well, the wife called me this morning and told me that the bank had already posted the purchase this morning. Usually, that means the on-line order has been filled and shipped :) . I won't be able to check my personal email concerning confirmation until I get home today.

Got it in-hand! :) . While I was out of town last week the rod came in. It was locked-up and waiting for me this morning. This thing has no weight to it (without reel at the moment). Can't wait to get home and put a reel on and see how it feels. Tackle Direct did a great job in getting it here in a very timely manner 8)

Come on waterwings post a picture of the carrot,it doesnt have to be dressed up, it seems like its my stick also. :wink:

OK waterwings, planning period? so you were sleeping? only kidding :D we'll be expecting that picture.

Here you go. After getting home and putting a reel on the rod, I decided to take it for a test run. Once I got used to having hardly any weight in my hand, the casts came easy. Tried some weightless t-rigged Tiki Sticks, and then switched to a 3/16oz spinner bait. No bites, but it was fun to be out there casting again. Sun ws out and it was 66 degrees, slight breeze.

rod_on_dock2.JPG

Rod with Shimano 2500FB spinning reel. Seems to be a good match, and it casts great:
rod_on_dock.JPG

Latest posts