First Fishing Trip Off Shore Sun May-27

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixgun86

Reaction score
Well guys it's finally going down. I've taken my boats out to the pass and came close to crossing the line a couple times but never made it.. Been down here on the gulf now for two years, never fished or owned a boat for that matter before all this water ended up in my backyard. I had a couple opportunities to go but for some reason or another it never worked out. From missing the boat, work issues, lack of motivation to get aboard, etc.. Spend a lot of time inshore, at least once to twice a week so I'm starting to shed my greenhorns but this weekend it's on. Time to go where the big fish lurk. Hoping this won't take away from my inshore desire. Never had a really good fish fight.

The boat: 35'? Californian Trawler
Day trip: Not sure how far out yet.
Fishing For: Amberjacks? Catch release snapper? Cobia? lol.
Offshore knowledge: None.
Offshore Tackle: None.

Thankfully everything will be provided with the exception of Beer. Since the captain and owner of the boat rents a slip at our house this will hopefully be one of many trips out to the blue water. 1.5days away. Should be exciting. Pics of the rig, trip, etc to come shortly.

Tonight, Bait the traps. Had lots of luck with pinfish on deer meat. Odd. Tasty.

Cheers to Bent Rods

Attachments

• 03_Plenty_of_bent_rods.jpg
    03_Plenty_of_bent_rods.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 199
Good luck and have fun - I would rather be fishing the deep blue then doing just about anything

You have a short run to get out there compared to my water - we have to run 60-80 miles off to get to the gulf stream and 100 line

Latest posts