Fishing from shore

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uh-HUH! And have any of you, while out fishing, stood up and taken a leak into the lake? I'd be willing to lose a $10 bet that there HAS been "human contact" with all of those reservoirs.

I will give them all credit for trying, though.

Humans ain't all that great.....Roger

Yeah, that is going to be happening all the time. I kind of don't get it. I want clean drinking water like everyone else. But the lake is full of waterfowl, decaying animals, and everything that goes along with that. And, the water goes through a treatment plant. They say they want to prevent microbial contamination. Maybe they should take a look at catfish bait. Haha.

Well if they can make drinking water out of sewage surely they can filter out whatever crud boats and people introduce to the water. I don't even think it would make any difference. It's not like anybody is drinking that water straight out of the lake!

I guess it isn't the first and won't the last time I wonder about the need for some rule. Some just seem to be "because we can" type rules.

Anyway, back to shore fishing. Anyone use an electric to get to their favorite fishing bank?

One of the many things water treatment plants as well as wastewater plants have to deal with is the contamination of medical waste (Pills) that people take and that the human body doesn't accept 100% but comes out in urine (Pee); there is even human hormone particulate in the water supply from urine as well. If we all better understood that taking medication doesn't assure that 100% of those meds will remain in the body where it will help us with out personal health. These medications sold as pills by big pharma are well known for not being digested by the human body and the residual medical waste gets flushed into our water supply! Add this to natures contamination and now wonder why we even have water to drink from those reservoirs used for drinking water. The treatment plant doesn't have the systems to clean that contamination.

Well if they can make drinking water out of sewage surely they can filter out whatever crud boats and people introduce to the water. I don't even think it would make any difference. It's not like anybody is drinking that water straight out of the lake!
Timm and Bob were fishing this lake one day. Timm caught a magic fish that gave him 3 wishes if he let the fish go. Timm tossed him back in and the fish said "what do you want?" Timm said, a new bass boat! Bam! there it was! Bob jumped up and said, A new Tundra to pull it! BAM! there it was on shore. Before Timm could speak, Bob yelled,"Change all the water in the lake to beer!"
Timm was really mad, But Bob said now we can have a drink anytime we want, just dip it out of the lake!
Timm yelled back!
"YEAH BUT NOW WE HAVE TO PEE IN THE BOAT!

Hey there!
Who likes fishing from shore? But doesn't like having to make multiple trips to the car to drag all your gear to your spot?
Well, I like to carry my tackle box
My fishing chair
A bait bucket
Two rods
And an umbrella.
That's quite a bit of stuff for sure!
Having played golf, I came up with a solution and you can too!
I put together a carry all out of a folding golf cart, a milk case. and pieces I had around the house. I hope you enjoy the pictures.
That’s awesome! I like the comforts when I fish and camp.

Me too...........enjoy cat fishing from shore at night..............just me, the mosquitoes and the alligators for company with the hiss of a Coleman Lantern for light!
You're bringing back old memories bro. Did that here in IN and FLA too. Too bad all the good old spots are now taken up with McMansions and businesses.

Ever drag in a gator? For awhile lived on a brackish pond in Crystal Beach. We'd pull in little gators sometimes and man would they be ticked off! Even though it was illegal, they got the axe and were soon in a hole in the ground. Our neighbor used to feed them marshmallows which really POed my old man. So he'd bait up treble hooks with the same type of marshmallows and hauled in some pretty good sized ones. Good times.......sorta.

You're bringing back old memories bro. Did that here in IN and FLA too. Too bad all the good old spots are now taken up with McMansions and businesses.

Ever drag in a gator? For awhile lived on a brackish pond in Crystal Beach. We'd pull in little gators sometimes and man would they be ticked off! Even though it was illegal, they got the axe and were soon in a hole in the ground. Our neighbor used to feed them marshmallows which really POed my old man. So he'd bait up treble hooks with the same type of marshmallows and hauled in some pretty good sized ones. Good times.......sorta.
I guess gators are pretty well hated in those parts. I’m a hunter and kill game animals. But I won’t kill what I won’t use but that’s just my personal preference. Not a slam on you. Don’t know your circumstances.

Yes sir................I apply for Alligator harvest tags from the state every year! Always get my quota and I can tell you for sure..........they come to the boat willingly! :))

Attachments

• 20230926_111851.jpg
    20230926_111851.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1629.jpg
    IMG_1629.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1739_2.jpg
    IMG_1739_2.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20231127_165328.jpg
    20231127_165328.jpg
    458.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 55989cbc1d9d0_262059b (1).jpg
    55989cbc1d9d0_262059b (1).jpg
    115 KB · Views: 0
I guess gators are pretty well hated in those parts. I’m a hunter and kill game animals. But I won’t kill what I won’t use but that’s just my personal preference. Not a slam on you. Don’t know your circumstances.
I use the meat after harvesting one. Hard to beat gator fritters.......:))

I can take you out in some spots in the Everglades that are so remote you would think your the only person on the planet. A lot of great untouched fishing back in there too! Plenty of these bruisers back in their too!

Attachments

• 20201120_133530.jpg
    20201120_133530.jpg
    382.8 KB · Views: 0
Very impressive Wayne. Sometimes I wish was still living in FLA. Key word: sometimes.

Very impressive Wayne. Sometimes I wish was still living in FLA. Key word: sometimes.
I definitely am not trying to make you envious my friend of Florida living but just showing a few doings sportsman to sportsman. Good thing even if you don't live here full time it is a great destination for a sportsman even for a visit. They are not all impressive though.............we get plenty like this too..............:))

Attachments

• Photo1007.jpg
    Photo1007.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 0

Attachments

• 20191125_151633(0)_hq.jpg
    20191125_151633(0)_hq.jpg
    440.8 KB · Views: 0
  •   2 Wild Hogs and a 10pt Whitetail Buck. November 8th 2021..jpg
    2 Wild Hogs and a 10pt Whitetail Buck. November 8th 2021..jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220103_180529.jpg
    20220103_180529.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 0
  • December 22nd 2021.jpg
    December 22nd 2021.jpg
    475.7 KB · Views: 0
Long ago, almost seems like a dream now. I was a teenager, living in Palm Harbor, right on the gulf. Riding my little Honda to Tarpon Spring High every day. Had a cheerleader for a neighbor.

Nearly every day we'd set out these stout poles with gajillion lb test line on the pier then go sit in the florida room and wait for a bite. These huge Tarpons would often grab the bait which led to quite a fight! Never once did I actually catch one. The barnacles would always cut our lines once they got close to the pier. I lost fish that were as big as I was. Those were some of the best days of my life and the worst. I lived in FLA one other time since. Back then there weren't all that many people and Palm Harbor and Crystal Beach had only a handful of residents. Very rural. Bet it's not like that now.

Long ago, almost seems like a dream now. I was a teenager, living in Palm Harbor, right on the gulf. Riding my little Honda to Tarpon Spring High every day. Had a cheerleader for a neighbor.

Nearly every day we'd set out these stout poles with gajillion lb test line on the pier then go sit in the florida room and wait for a bite. These huge Tarpons would often grab the bait which led to quite a fight! Never once did I actually catch one. The barnacles would always cut our lines once they got close to the pier. I lost fish that were as big as I was. Those were some of the best days of my life and the worst. I lived in FLA one other time since. Back then there weren't all that many people and Palm Harbor and Crystal Beach had only a handful of residents. Very rural. Bet it's not like that now.
Well I hope you still have the Honda and the Cheerleader in your life but aren't gettin high anymore :))!

We defiantly have a lot of people in Florida nowadays and the real estate values have gone through the roof here in the last 10 years. I bought my house which is a 3 bedroom, 1 bath that has a double car garage and the house sits on 1/2 acre of space back in 1978 for $ 40,000. Now it is valued at about $ 500,000! Same house, same yard, same neighborhood..........it's crazy..........I'd never thought that ever! It's real estate lunacy here and forget homeowners Insurance..........the Hurricane threat has made the rates astronomical. BUT...............we do have great fishing and a great variety of fishing and hunting opportunities. Salt to fresh to back water fishing we have it all. Now for you as a trip down memory lane here is a Tarpon which didn't get away..........I catch em regularly in the Keys around Islamorada on big pieces of cut bait fishing right on the bottom in shallow water on the tidal flats.......they come in with the tide and cruise the boat trails.........get them, Sharks and sting rays typically.

Attachments

• Me.jpg
    Me.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Tarpon jump.jpg
    Tarpon jump.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts