I not put non slip coatings yet,I puts steelhead picture

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ckecks out my piece of alimimum with the brush paint and sand and it dry.It wood be non slip for sure but it feel like sandind paper.Now i not no if that is the way I wants it of no #-o

I has deside after many expearament with paint an sand not to go this way.Sand is to ruff and not waht I am wanting.It is non slip but to ruff like sanding paper.I going to buy slip no more if good priceing is found.Maybe gray pickup bed linnings if cheeper.Paint an sand is out :|

I painted the interior of my alum v-hull this past weekend. I used the parker duck boat paint and when I painted the bottom, I poured the paint into a large 14-16 oz plastic solo cup and added about 1/4 cup of H&C "Shark Grip" non-skid additive and mixed with a drill and paint stirrer. once mixed well, I applied it to the interior bottom surface with a 4" foam brush. It turned out great. The parker paint was kind of expensive with the shipping "about $45, and the sharkgrip was bought locally from a paint store for $6. With two coats of parkers over the top of the self etch primer, it should last for years and if needed, I still have a half gallon of paint left and half a bottle of sharkgrip. The sharkgrip looks like a fine round granules of pumice, but when mixed with the paint, it makes a nice texture that you can walk barefoot on.

Go to Sears and get some of their Anti-Fatigue mats in the tools section.. that stuff is awesome and it's slip resistant. You can take it out to clean it too.

We just got a Tractor Supply here and when I saw the horse stall matting I couldn't help but think that I might like that in my boat!

i looks into the sharkgip addedive for paint,sound like it better than sand.I allso saw horse matts but they are shick and heavy and heavy is not good.Should be after lite allturnitives over heavy.Them matts for fatugue might be better.I allso looking into them. :mrgreen: This is all depending on colors of thems :|

Someone no if they has matts for fatugue in gray or lite gray?If they has them how much is cost?They can be takin out when dirty an spray off with hose.Someone help pleaze and thankyou :mrgreen:

the one's that I just saw at Sears the other day were $35 for about a 36x48 roll I think.. I could be way off on that measurement, but it sounds about right.

The colors that they had in the store were red and black, I think there were a few grays.

I has to get the measureing rule out and fine out how much i need for me boat.She is a 1448 but she has big back raise up deck and front raise up deck =D> I has a picture of her on first page of this topice here at Tin Boats. =D> If after looking at her yous can see it going to take some material for the coverings as I am wanting both raise up decks and flooring covered with the matt.Mite has to muck money into rubber matting and paint on slip no more wood be better :| I going to check it out an see :wink: Anyways it fun trying to figureing things out :mrgreen:

jcb said:
i looks into the sharkgip addedive for paint,sound like it better than sand.I allso saw horse matts but they are shick and heavy and heavy is not good.Should be after lite allturnitives over heavy.Them matts for fatugue might be better.I allso looking into them. :mrgreen: This is all depending on colors of thems :|

The big pre-cut mats are probably heavy but the roll stuff was pretty light.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/equine/horse-stalls-accessories/rubber-matting/flexgard-multi-use-utility-mat-60-in-x-96-in-x-1-4-in-5040835

They carry it in bulk rolls, too.

I go to the tractor suppliy store and check things out.I has one of these stores close by.Many thanks =D>

I go there an check matts out at Tractorsuppily store and they wood work but I am thinking spray or brush coatings wood be better.I going to do some expearamenting with paint an shark grip befor i make finial descission on the non slip coating for her :|

jcb said:
I go there an check matts out at Tractorsuppily store and they wood work but I am thinking spray or brush coatings wood be better.I going to do some expearamenting with paint an shark grip befor i make finial descission on the non slip coating for her :|

I'm in the same boat (haha). Too many options at this point. I'll let things perk for a while and then put together a plan.

russ010 said:
Here is what I have in my boat... just something else to think about. I did get the "B" stock that might be a millimeter off on their thickness, but I have yet to find any blemishes and it's still going strong.

https://hydroturf.com/products/Closeouts_and_Specials/Sheets_of_Hydro-Turf

So you have these in the floor areas but still used carpet for the decks and so forth? I am not looking forward to redoing my front deck and rod locker area. The rear deck and floor whouls be a piece of cake I may even use that stuff because it looks like it would spray off easy and mud wouldnt be a problem.

right now I only have it on the front deck which is factory aluminum.

I still have to do the floor again (never sealed the wood because I was in a hurry), but I plan to find some old street signs and put it on that as a covering on the floor. As far as the deck and hatches which are wood - I still haven't figured out that part yet. I want to do aluminum, but I don't want to put that much cash into it. I should, but I just don't have the time to do it all and still be able to fish. I might just leave the hatches and all that as wood because I've already got it cut and I have carpet left over.

russ010 said:
right now I only have it on the front deck which is factory aluminum.

I still have to do the floor again (never sealed the wood because I was in a hurry), but I plan to find some old street signs and put it on that as a covering on the floor. As far as the deck and hatches which are wood - I still haven't figured out that part yet. I want to do aluminum, but I don't want to put that much cash into it. I should, but I just don't have the time to do it all and still be able to fish. I might just leave the hatches and all that as wood because I've already got it cut and I have carpet left over.

Let me know if you find a place with some road signs and Ill go in with you to get some bulk discounts. I want to do my floor in alluminum if at all possible. Im not sure I have the skills to do the hatches in and front deck or the rod locker.

i go to the river thiss morning an one steelhead come to the boat.I supprised to see floor was not slippery at all an tempiture was belowe freezing.Maybee not need non slip coatings =D>

Latest posts