new boat build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bulldog said:

What if I consider myself to be in the transition period??

I like that one. My other motto is your not old until you tell yourself you are. lol

andrewt said:
My other motto is your not old until you tell yourself you are.

ya.. that's what all old men say :p

Keep the info and picts coming.. should be fun.

I will do.
My brother and I pulled the jet pump out of the old boat last night.
About to rebuild pump and motor.
Trying to decide on a cam and possibly heads for the ol small block.
Not sure what rpm range I'm gonna be lookin at for cam choice.

Like I said before I like to cruise around and I am an american man so a healthy sounding V8 is music to my ears. So a big cam that makes a big lope but lacks a little on top end would be more up my alley.

Best advise I can give you performance wise is you want it to make torque. Hp don't mean crap when it comes to boats and especially jet boats. You can have all the hp in the world but you need torque to make it go.

For what I'm wanting it to run, I think ill have enought hp and torque.

I think my biggest battle will be avoiding porpoising, cavitation
, and trim.

But I'm ready for the battle.
Got several guys that have done similar projects offering up help and the opportunity to go off what worked in theirs.

I am still waiting on Blazer to finish the hull up.

I have cleaned the pump up and painted it.
It seems to be in awesome shape.

I have went and looked at some inboard boats for ideas, I went and seen one today that. was a 2056 blazer semi V with a 455 olds and a berkeley 12JC. It runs around 60 but has some low speed planing issues.

0711121846c.jpg

semojetman,
With that 12JE pump what are you using for the intake. Those pumps were generally used in fiberglass boats with a molded intake. Are you making your own?

This is a fun build to follow. Thanks for posting.

You are absolutely right. I pulled it out of a fiberglass jet boat with a molded shoot.

I am going to fabricate a shoot similar to the 12JC pumps but my pump is mostly outdside of the boat taking up less valuable boat space and it makes the cleanout hole outside of the boat which is nice.

I considered using a 12JC.

The 2013 shoalrunner uses the american turbine that is this same style.

https://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg183/joshmagill/?action=view&current=2012-09-07_18-24-55_686.jpg

Sorry guys. Ive just been busy and havent been on here.
Im currently having the berkeley pump modified to be a direct bolt on pump.

Yeah, it is remarkably stouter than most of the blazers ive seen around. Having the braces on 12" centers and getting the wide gunnels really beefed it up.

And im an overkill kinda guy so ill strengthen it up even more.

I have nothing good to tell. Our shop has been swamped for months now and i havent had any extra time or energy to work on the boat. I have still been collecting some parts and pieces.

Im gonna take a couple weeks vacation closer to christmas, hopefully that will give me some time to work on it, if not, next spring will pop up before i know it.

Latest posts