Plant Based Food

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as I don't have to listen to them lecture, I don't really care if the vegan folk don't want to eat or use anything from animals. I just don't understand why they then want their veggies to look like it came from animals. I just makes no sense.

Over the years we also have migrated away from a lot of red meats in favor of chicken or seafood. And a lot of vegetables. Like @airshot says, learning how to cook with flavor makes a big difference. It is nice every once in a while to have a steak or ribs, etc. But I enjoy chicken from the grill as much if not more than I do beef or pork. The thing I get a real craving for every so often is meatloaf (especially the left overs). Haha.
Same here. We also eat mostly chicken or seafood and some pork, with lots of vegetables. We, the wife and I, aren't health nuts, we just both started having issues with red meat. We were never fans of processed foods. We will have a small fillet every once in a while. There are some pretty good recipes for turkey meatloaf out there. I can't remember the last time we were in a fast food joint.
I used to be able to eat anything. I think you just wear out as you age. (72 in September). For us it's just about feeling as good as possible.