Project "A Little Snookered" New Pics 03-19-2012 !!!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ride_Klein said:
Great project, and congrats on the first float. Definitely a boat to be proud of

Thanks Ride_Klein it was a lot fun doing the build but also alot of work. As I have said before the boat was built with blood, sweat, and Beers :beer:

Congratulations F4F! Looking at the first pics and seeing where "Snookered" is today,
you both have come a long way. The graphics are a nice touch. =D> You should be very proud!
Now we need to see some fish pics from South Fla! Jerry

Wow. Awesome build. I had a couple questions on the Grizzly Grip. Did you apply a primer on the plywood prior to coating? Did you coat both sides? How many coats did you use? I'm not to keen on using carpet as it seems to be higher maintenance with keeping it clean. I like the idea of the non-skid coating as you can just wash it down. Is it truely non-skid?

Thanks for any info you can provide. Enjoy the tinboat.

Jonboat Jerry said:
Congratulations F4F! Looking at the first pics and seeing where "Snookered" is today,
you both have come a long way. The graphics are a nice touch. =D> You should be very proud!
Now we need to see some fish pics from South Fla! Jerry

Jonboat- Thanks for the comments hope to see your finished product soon!!!
Got plans on fishing tonight or tomorrow if mother nature will allow it, the weather forecast looks alittle bleek but I got my fingers crossed.

Greer said:
Wow. Awesome build. I had a couple questions on the Grizzly Grip. Did you apply a primer on the plywood prior to coating? Did you coat both sides? How many coats did you use? I'm not to keen on using carpet as it seems to be higher maintenance with keeping it clean. I like the idea of the non-skid coating as you can just wash it down. Is it truely non-skid?

Thanks for any info you can provide. Enjoy the tinboat.

Thanks Greer - As far as applying the grizzly grip I contacted the company about if I needed to prime first and they said NOT to just to make sure the wood was prepped properly. Two coats were applied.

The under side of all the decking has two coats of durabak bedliner covering it.

Yes it is truly non-skid grizzly grip make two types, a fine and a course. I used the fine and I am very happy with it.

Had a little spare time yesterday and decided to make my boat cover support system. A trip to the depot and 23 dollars later this is what I came up with. Let me know what you all think. If the weather forecast is correct it will be put to the test this weekend. Hoping not but we can't control Mother Nature.

Attachments

• IMG_2944.JPG
    IMG_2944.JPG
    196.2 KB · Views: 2,674
  • IMG_2942.JPG
    IMG_2942.JPG
    227.5 KB · Views: 2,674
  • IMG_2941.JPG
    IMG_2941.JPG
    204.3 KB · Views: 2,674
  • IMG_2940.JPG
    IMG_2940.JPG
    179.2 KB · Views: 2,674
  • IMG_2939.JPG
    IMG_2939.JPG
    202.3 KB · Views: 2,674
  • IMG_2938.JPG
    IMG_2938.JPG
    174.1 KB · Views: 2,674
  • IMG_2937.JPG
    IMG_2937.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 2,674
  • IMG_2936.JPG
    IMG_2936.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 2,674
RatherBFishin said:
Looks great!!! You'll definitely get a chance to see it in action. It's been raining in Tampa since early this morning.

RBF - I was affraid of that! I guess it will be an adult beveage night :beer:

Got a little fishing in Saturday but got caught in the rain so no pictures. The boat handle the water well the auto bilge pumps worked as they should have so I guess it was a good test.

I only wish my house had bilge pumps because we flooded out Sunday night. Never seen so much water on our street even during hurricanes. We are still lucky we were able to keep the water contain to only two rooms. Got every thing gutted the last three days and will start the rebuild this weekend.

Maybe I will even get some fishing in????????????????

RatherBFishin said:
Oh no!! Sorry to hear that f4f. Hope there wasn't too much damage. Good luck getting that all cleaned up.

Thanks RBF hopefully most of the clean up/rebuild will be finished this weekend

Well got the "House Flood" repairs mostly done yesterday. Now it’s back to the boat. I have few loose ends to tighten up along with a crazy idea of making an auto trailer and bottom boat rinser that will be mounted to the trailer. In theory I will hook it up to the hose and it will rinse the trailer and the bottom of the boat off while I clean the rest of the boat.

If anyone has done or tried this please give me some suggestions.

Attachments

• boat-wash-bay-2.jpg
    boat-wash-bay-2.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 2,548
Great idea f4f. You could almost treat it like an irrigation setup for watering your yard but put something like pressure washer heads on it to make sure you get a good spread of water. Cant wait to see this come to life

Can you take a close up picture of the Grizzly Grip?

I may be interested in using it for my build, just wondering what the final texture looks like.

Thanks

moberg12 said:

I may be interested in using it for my build, just wondering what the final texture looks like.

Thanks

Here is a close up of the grizzly grip (Fine Texture) I love it so far

Attachments

• Close-up grizzly grip.JPG
    Close-up grizzly grip.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 1,067
fool4fish1226 said:
moberg12 said:

Thanks

Here is a close up of the grizzly grip (Fine Texture) I love it so far

Thanks!! Is it abrasive at all? I've seen several non-slip coatings that just look like sand mixed with paint, which ends up like sandpaper when dried. I guess I'm asking can you walk around comfortably on it barefoot?