Pweisbrod's 79 18' mr pike DUCK conversion/rebuild

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the rear "seats" cut out. Sanding and varnishing. Final coat is drying on all my lids.

Comparison pics from old to new. Rear deck gone!

100_2668_zps428d5c41.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 782
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 782
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 780
If you click on the pics they flip right side up. Not sure why the site and the iPad don't mix well.

Coming along great, that will be a nice boat! Was thinning the urethane down with mineral spirits to help is dry faster or soak in or?

To help it soak in well. Only thinned the first coat, and only thinned it down 5 or 10 percent

Filled all The screw holes in the transom from various depth finders with liberal amounts of 5200 and stainless screws. Also plugged up the few little corrosion holes in the transom with 5200 as well. I then put some self etching primer on the boat. Felt good to make it green instead of red. :twisted:

Looks great all gutted, now for the fun part of putting it all back together! I like that hull, wish my little 14' boat was that well engineered from the factory.

Took a quick pic of the back of the boat. And that green instead of shiny aluminum! How long does 5200 normally stay "tacky"?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 928
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 928
No, red was original. I am going to either do a khaki type color or a camouflage pattern. Thanks man! Your build is looking good. Those are some pig walleye in your pic.

Oh, it just looked green in the pic..my bad :roll:

Thanks on the eyes!!! we have some darn good walleye fishing around here! That was last years, I need to update teh avatar .

Coat one is on. Etching primer was finished this afternoon, after church. I am brushing, and plan to use one or two aerosol cans to smooth things out if they need help after coat two. I am using hunters specialties marsh grass as my base coat. This stuff is really really thick. I used it on my first duck boat with good success as far as wear is concerned. Once the second coat is dry I will leak test and hopefully things are in good shape. I have plenty of 5200 and plan to use it. Preventatively.

Click on the pics and they flip to correct side up. Not sure why the iPad posts them that way.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 876
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 876
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 876
Didn't get much done Saturday because we went to pick this up...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 862
Second and final coat. Used a roller. Looks way better.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 852
How are ya gonna mount your motor to that upside down transom? You don't have one of those fancy motors that run on water do ya? :mrgreen:

Lol. I don't know why this iPad does that. :(

On the positive side, my boat does not leak one single drop.

Latest posts