Sea Nypmh 17' Deep V.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if anyone cares to read this anymore, but I'm still pretty pleased with the trolling motor situation.

Found a guy that needs a shorter/smaller trolling motor, and has a Motorguide 70lb thrust 24V motor with 60" shaft. We are going to trade motors, and since mine is 12V, 54lb thrust, and 48" shaft, I think this MG motor will work out much better.

I actually like the cable steer motors, just don't like how big the pedal is. So, looks like I'll need to fab a trolling motor pedal tray up front.

Great looking project. Messy but the bones look real good. Looks like the kind you'll be really proud of. Looking forward to tracking your progress.

LonLB said:
ZERO motivation today to do anything but watch movies. Had a late night last night with the family around the fire, then a movie.

Finally I got restless enough that I had to do something.

So I made another bow casting deck hatch cover.
what kind of plastic bin is that or is that something someone can buy at a store . i like that it has a lip and it is square in design.

the build is coming along nicely.... =D>

It is a livewell from a Tracker or Crestliner. Can't remember which. I got it from Great Lakes skipper.

If/when you deal with them, I have found that it is cheaper to buy from their e-bay store. Prices are actually a little higher on E-bay than their website, but total cost with shipping ends up being cheaper.

Soooooo

I still haven't made much progress. Started re-adjusting the trailer bunks and winch stand. I'm welding the bunk brackets in position, because I have a welder wire, and wanted it done, and didn't have the square u-bolts.

Anyhow a bunch of my stuff is piled on the old chest freezer in the garage, so I took a picture. Like a kid taking pictures of his toys. :roll:
Picture 054.jpg
Picture 055.jpg
Picture 057.jpg

Some pop up cleats, flush rod holders, Ram mounts, Lowrance X15mt, and X135, 24 Motorguide trolling motor, two trolling motor harnesses, and old dirty tackle storage/hatch thing, a Lowrance H20 hand held, JBL speakers, and I'm not sure what else.

What this all means to me, is that I should be fishing this spring. Not pictured in that mess is pedestal bases, pedestals, seats, carpet, and probably some other stuff I have.

Actually I need to get cracking on it, because come January I'll be in school fulltime, and since I haven't been in school in going on 15 years, I assume I'll be spending any free time at home studying.

In true bottom feeder fashion, this post is about my excitement in saving about 60 bucks today on the boat.

There was an old Bilge pump in the boat...I was going to pitch it and thought, what the heck I'll try it. Hooked it up to the charger....Noise, but no movement. Got the impeller to move, and lubed it with penetrating oil, and tried it again. Works. In water.....works. SWEET.

And then to top it off, I found a battery box lid on the side of the road, which works out since I have a box, and no lid.

I actually laughed when typing this :oops: :LOL2:

Sometimes it's the little stuff that keeps us sane day to day.

Nice work on the build, keep us updated.

Zubes said:
Sometimes it's the little stuff that keeps us sane day to day.

Nice work on the build, keep us updated.

Thanks. :eek:

I've actually been doing some work to the boat over the holiday weekend. (What I could on thursday/friday anyway) Not really worth any new pictures or updates, but nonetheless I'm chipping away at it.

Tomorrow I'll finish putting in the rest of the main floor, install the bilge pump, finish adjusting/welding the trailer bunks, and trim some storage partitions in the bow, to make them work with the new deck setup.

Might even cut some backers for the pop up cleats, and then run the trolling motor wiring.

Got a little done today. Kinda skipped around but stayed busy for 4hours or more.

Got the bulk of a recessed trolling pedal tray built. I'm going to coat it in resin/mat, that I have laying around from a previous boat project.

Those recessed trays are big! I made the thing as small as I could + have a Motorguide pedal (smaller than the Minn Kota) and yet it's still going to be pretty big. #-o

Sorted through some aluminum I have and started putting a plan in action to get the transom area done. I'm rebuilding the back end because I need the smaller and lower splash well since I'm converting the boat to a tiller.

I'll edit this post with a picture of tonight's master piece. :oops:
Picture 069.jpg

Macattack said:
I'm doing a 17' Sylvan. Really enjoyed your posts. Keep up the great work

Ya, I've been watching your boat....Paint looks great. I may go with the same paint scheme, might run the black further down on the side.

I've been working on it each day, at least a little bit.

I'm about ready to start laying carpet.

I'm on vacation for a couple of weeks so I should make some progress. I'm excited to get back to it. After looking at your modifications on the back, I wish I would have done the same. I look forward to your future pics.

I've been working on the boat, but seems like not much progress. Re-did some of the things I had already done to make for a cleaner install.

Started work on the transom area finally, and also made a recessed tray for the trolling motor pedal.
Picture 082.jpg
Picture 083.jpg

The recessed tray sucked. It's heavy, and a PITA to build. Given more money than time, the way to go is a pre fabbed, or premolded tray. No doubt about it.
It's going to be carpeted with the rest of the deck, and I'll put a drain in it as well so it doesn't hold water.
Picture 084.jpg
Picture 085.jpg

My next step it fabbing up the console. A more crude, aluminum version of this.
620T_8.jpg

You've done a lot of work. I wish I would have considered making my splash well smaller. Keep up the great work and can't wait to see more pics.

Well, somehow, I managed to out do myself this time.

I'm on Great Lakes skipper looking at switch panels, and then realize, I built the "dash" panel, and only left room for switches, and a radio cover, but no gauges. #-o

Anyhow I got the aluminum "console" mounted, and dash panel built. I just need to make some modifications to it. :LOL2:

Hopefully have a picture of that this afternoon.

Well I figured that my dash will actually be two parts.
The closest to me, when driving will be the radio, ignition, and all the switches.
This is the "console" that I made from a portion of the Starboard console, and Port console.
Picture 086.jpg

This is a picture of where the 2nd "dash panel" will be.
Of course it won't have the rectangle cut outs. This is just the radio/switch panel that I sat up there.
Picture 087.jpg

And then, this is where the radio/switches/ignition will be.
Picture 088.jpg

I have RAM mounts for a Lowrance X135, and handheld Lowrance H20, which I'll mount on top of the console.

The boat is looking great. =D> The console reminds me of one's I have seen in some Lund models.

I used to fish Thompson all the time.

gillhunter said:
The boat is looking great. =D> The console reminds me of one's I have seen in some Lund models.

I used to fish Thompson all the time.

Small world.....We did too when I was a kid, and the bluegill were on their beds.

That lakes' normal gills, were trophy's on other lakes.

Just kind of mocking up the area.
Picture 089.jpg

The panel above the console, will be gauges, the small panel behind the console on side I might put a trolling motor plug, since I have two plugs/trolling motor harnesses.
Picture 090.jpg

Latest posts