Smackdaddy's "Pole Dancer" 1652 Polar Kraft flush deck jet b

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The progress is staggering! I got one hold down drilled and my girlfriend came over so...any way, I had to angle it so it would bolt through some meat on the transom. I believe they will work great. I am also buying some Fulton Transom Tie Downs with the retractable strap. Stainless of course. My buddy has them on his Maverick trailer and they are awesome.
Here is a link to the cheapest price I could find...

https://www.trailerandtruckparts.com/mobile/product.asp?itemid=1675
I will get serious this weekend.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391041788.387374.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391041801.436635.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1391042052.909560.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391042061.909227.jpg

Staggering....................................... :LOL2:

The girlfriend's stopping by sure makes us lose a little focus that's for sure............... :wink: The hold down eye looks good. One thing I see people do that makes me crazy is pull the straps way to tight. You watch them release them and the hull jumps up a foot off the trailer................... :LOL2:

Nice and "snug" so the hull doesn't bounce or shift. It just puts a lot of unnecessary down force on the transom.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=340290#p340290 said:
rscottp » Yesterday, 21:44[/url]"]Badass!!

Badass fow show.

Smack are you going to support the inner frame that's runs the length of the hull?

Paul Marx said:
Dang Smack , that thing is looking awesome .
Thanks Paul, I am taking your motor in for a tune up and getting the cowling painted at my buds shop soon.
I am getting closer to the end every day. The next three days are going to be dedicated to knocking out more work on the boat.

Wow! Can't wait to see this when it's done.

I got the small deck supports cut and riveted in today. Also got the gas tank platform fabbed and installed. I am going to have a vertical access hatch on the back of the front deck so I can slide the tank out if I need to change sending units or just need it out of the way to access underneath the front deck.
If the weather permits I will get the rigging chases done tomorrow morning and cut the deck out and recess the floor and install my under gunnel walls.
It is coming together a little more quickly now. I still have tomorrow and Monday to knock out some milestones and get closer to painting, coating and rigging.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391292749.842493.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1391292777.443031.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1391292827.358947.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1391292843.494062.jpg

I only had a couple of hours to work on her today but got a little more done. I bucked solid aluminum rivets through each deck support clip, cut some old ribs from a scrap boat, added some side wall bracing where I removed the seats and there was not a full side wall brace. I figured this would help sidewall flex and reduce noise from hull slap. I will post a couple of pictures in a minute.

I just got the deck cut and made measurements so what I cut out drops straight down and fits with zero cutting. The plan worked! I am tracking down a local sheet of 48"x96"x0.125" aluminum for the inside gunnel covers. Once I check the fit I cut out my hatches and will take the lid off and get my wire/fuel chases done. After that should be about time to flip her over and prep her bottom for the GatorGlide G4 slick coating. It is looking better every time I get something accomplished.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391560740.304833.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1391560754.188071.jpg

Here are a couple pics of the extra ribs I riveted in with solid rivets. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391560988.138508.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1391561035.037627.jpg
I also bucked rivets on each clip that holds the stringers in place, I figure they will beef it up even more and make the gunnel cap a little more solid. I got them for $5/50 pieces off Ebay.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391561205.388182.jpg

I know that you have put quite a bit of work into the jet drive engine, but I bet you could put a bigger engine on a jack plate and get just as skinny. Looking killer as usual. =D>