Tournament Time-Inaugural Tinboats.Net 4th of July 2007 open

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a tough first day. Supposed to thunder storm all day so I didn't plan on fishing. After sitting around all day watching the near perfect weather from the window, I finally went out. Fished 5- 8:30 p.m. and caught 2 bass - one little guy on a jimmyt 4" light watermellon stick and a 2 pound bass on a crank. Decided to switch to light grape sticks to conserve my watermellon for early morning fishing. Didn't get bit on that though and I ended up getting soaked by a light rain :oops:

The bass on the jimmyt bait wasn't really worthy of a pic, especially since the lure was nowhere to be found. Hoping to get a pic with a jimmyt worm hanging out of the mouth of a 6 pounder!

I'm heading out with dampeoples tomorrow, hopefully he'll have better luck at finding some active fish!

ZMan - do not feel bad, I am off to the same slow start. Fished yesterday morning and caught one bass - on the wrong bait! We have a cold front moving in so....... (Gives me an excuse at least :lol: )

We had a front blow through yesterday as well. This morning was even worse for fishing, but felt nice at around 70. High winds and cloud cover got my hopes up, but I didn't get a bite. We only fished about 3 hours.

I doubt I'll get out again before the 4th, but I'll try.

Guess What showed up in the mail today? God these things look awesome. I know they produce big fish, I've seen other peoples pictures. This bait looks so realistic.

Attachments

• MattluresUB.JPG
    MattluresUB.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 1,395
That is a sharp looking bait. You guys are very lucky to have a shot at winning that thing. Only a little over 2 days and no entries yet?

What are you waiting for get out and fish!!!

Good luck guys

Here is my biggest so far - On a PC Baits Krinckle Cut Worm (red) and football screw lock head!

dayone_001.jpg

i was only able to get out one time, that was to lake kaweah. i got so skunked. i went for night fishing thinking that the krinkle cut worm might do the trick. nope. mabey if you had named it the zipper tease. lol. anyways, i do believe i am out now. i wont be going again.

What's the latest we can post the pic? I'm fishing tomorrow morning and maybe afternoon, but I might not be able to get online until late. Guess I won't have time for a disposable camera to develop, I'll have to use the camera phone!

I went once with no results on either bait. Now I'm going to vent! The rules were made very clear for this tournament.
You are only allowed to submit 1 picture for the tournament (obviously your biggest).
So with that being shown I have nothing to add to this contest. I have made this point before, it's the little things that matter,you know when you post a picture or fishing report and get no replies https://tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=356 it makes you wonder why even bother? I can tell you this, I have posted my pictures on other message boards to only get a warm thanks of appreciation of shearing my photos. I don't get a chance to go just about every day and the time I do get is very special to me and I take pride in shearing the photos of them. So with being said, I feel TinBoats is not the place I thought it was. I thank the ones that provided me with good solid advise and now it's time for me to move on to were the little things matter.

Good luck TinBoats!! Keep your lines tight.
fishnfever

oh boo hoo. man quit friggin crying. what do you want a cookie? nice fish ok. moody moody. take better pictuers or tell a better story. i dont mean to be harsh but i am bothered by little sissy coments on boards by people like you fishnfever. if you want pampered, go to an aa meeting dude. jimmy im sorry i had to say that on your board. but i cant stand crybabies that are supposed to be grown men.

fishnfever - what is up with the crying - no one won yet, I put up a photo of my bass and you think there is something wrong with that. I got up extra early today (July 4th) so I can get oen more day of fishing in for this contest and site. I am having fun - it is not about the prize but the sharing of competition.

Go ahead, take your ball and go home

How about this - you tell us how the rules should be interpreted in your world and I will keep fishing :D

esquired said:
fishnfever - what is up with the crying - no one won yet, I put up a photo of my bass and you think there is something wrong with that. I got up extra early today (July 4th) so I can get oen more day of fishing in for this contest and site. I am having fun - it is not about the prize but the sharing of competition.

Go ahead, take your ball and go home

How about this - you tell us how the rules should be interpreted in your world and I will keep fishing :D

Not to be a jerk..and I am not whining...but the rules CLEARLY say one picture. Has anyone else posted any? If you wanted to show off that one fish, then why not put it in the watering hole? In my world.... according to the rules...you already submitted your picture for the contest and shouldn't be allowed to submit anymore. If we are allowed to submit all kinds of pictures why not just add them to the angler of the year contest? Not difficult to understand.... """"" You are only allowed to submit 1 picture for the tournament (obviously your biggest)."""""" I'm sure if someone else posted a picture just like you did under here BEFORE you did...you would have done the same thing. Quoted the rules.

Latest posts