Tournament Time-Inaugural Tinboats.Net 4th of July 2007 open

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone Relax.....This is not what is supposed to be happening here. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM, PM me or take it up with another member privately. I WILL DECIDE WHAT TO DO. RIGHT OR WRONG I WILL MAKE A DECISION.

ANY NEW MEMBER THAT COMES HERE IS GOING TO SEE A PISSING CONTEST. NOT A FUN TOURNEY.

WOW guys calm down... the rules state only one picture can be submitted your biggest says nothing about posting more. that's the way I read it.
I would think a contest like this is all about seeing how well a product will work and what better way to do this than post some pictures of the fish you catch on the lures.
It is supposed to be fun and maybe the next time the rule can be a bit more clear like post as many as you want then you tell Us which one you want to be judged on.
I feel bad because i was wondering why noone had posted any pictures sorry guys and good luck for the rest of the day...

Wayne

Why not just post all the pictures in angler of the year? They can be counted for that I am assuming... then at the deadline...post your biggest catch in the thread.

This is the best way I can think to fix this. If you do not agree. I am sorry. But this is a learning experience and the Next one (Labor Day Weekend) will be better.

Esquired, Please move that picture to the fishing reports section and replace it with your entry by tonights deadline. Everyone get out there and fish today. This is supposed to be all in fun.

I PM'd a few participating members, non participating members (thank you), and my wife (LOL!). And this is the best solution I could think of.

Jim

Well, went off to a local pond this morning to get my time in for the tourney and I had excellent luck! I swear this is the biggest fish I have ever caught in my entire life. I caught it using one of the green worms Jimmy sent us. At first I thought I was stuck in some lily pads...then I noticed my line was no where near where I casted it!! He gave me a nice little fight. So, here is my 1 and only photo for the contest :D I also have a picture of the weight...if needed. He weighed in at 3 lbs 5oz

Justfishin

mybiggestbasseverMedium.jpg

jimmyt said:
Esquired, Please move that picture to the fishing reports section and replace it with your entry by tonights deadline. Everyone get out there and fish today. This is supposed to be all in fun.

Jim

This is frigging crazy -

I DO NOT HAVE ANOTHER ENTRY!

So if it is OK I will just leave that photo as my entry. :D

thats a nice fish. somtimes when those lunkers hit, you dont know it until your line goes taught. i didnt catch anything. i was only able to go once and that was at night. to top that, it was a really tough lake anyways. i dont know, but to me it looks like justfishn has the cake so far.

What a nice rush bringing that fish in. Afterwards I caught something else and I just knew it wasnt big lol.. it was a pickerel.

Well then, I guess we have a winner! Congratulations to JustfishN for winning the Inaugural 4th of July Tournament. The trophy will be ordered and the prize is ready to go! Justfishn, That was a nice fish, good job! :D

Thank you to all who participated! =D>

Plans are in the works for the Labor day weekend Tournament. Any comments or suggestions for that, Please PM me. I'm thinking same style format, but any bait goes this time.

Again, Congrats JustfishN!

Congrats JustfishN! Great catch. Nice runnerup Esquired, my money was on you for this one!

And JimmyT, thank you for hosting this tourney on your site, very clever and fun idea. And we all got free Jimmyt and People's Choice baits, never seen that done anywhere before. I appreciate your generosity guys!

As far as the baits, I'm a big fan. Didn't get bit on them yesterday but I've caught plenty on them in the past.

I fished almost all day yesterday, determined to at least post a catch. I caught plenty of decent fish, but unfortunately I just couldn't get bit on the tournament baits. The main reason, I think, was that the fish I caught were only hitting dark baits. Everything I caught yesterday was on black or dark green, and topwater after dusk.

same here. only i couldnt get a bite at all because all i was using was the worms provided. since it was night time, i figured my best bet would be the purple paddle tail worm. nope. i fished it texas because there were too many logs and weeds in that water for carolina or shakeyhead. this tourny was alot of fun. i look forward to the next one. this time i should be able to get out and fish them more. my issue i suppose was i have been pursuing fly fishing more than anything as of late. thank you jimmy for hosting this tournament and im sorry that it didnt go quite as you planned. but hey, ever since we were kids, there has always been a crybaby of the bunch right? i guess some things never change.

nice job guys way to go I can't wait until the next one also I want in on this... I'm gonna be ready to take on all comers!!!

Wayne