'71 Valco Mod - Just about finished!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey man, Nice rig first of all. but I got a question how is the stability of your boat standing at the front seat? I am trying to figure out the configuration of my deck I am concerned about how close to the front and how hi in the boat to biuld it.
Thanks!

THESX1 said:
Hey man, Nice rig first of all. but I got a question how is the stability of your boat standing at the front seat? I am trying to figure out the configuration of my deck I am concerned about how close to the front and how hi in the boat to biuld it.
Thanks!
Boat is pretty stable due to lowered center of gravity. You may want to pay attention if someone else is in the boat and doesnt know how to move around when people are standing. They could buck you off if you let your guard down. I fish it just fine tho!

aeviaanah said:
Caught this one on the way home from work today, Ive been stoppin at fox grove to relax. Second cast using a red split tail grub like plastic. This is a small mouth right?

download-1.jpg
Nah thats not a smallie......

Ordered my Minn Kota Terrova 55 with I-pilot and universal sonar 2 today! This is one of the last things I need to complete the boat...payed lots of money for it tho.

amazing work , how stable is it sitting on the front raised deck? I have an 12 ft. alomarine and thinking of doing same style of mod.

canadian omc said:
amazing work , how stable is it sitting on the front raised deck? I have an 12 ft. alomarine and thinking of doing same style of mod.
Sitting on the pedestal seat, it's stable as can be. When standing its stable but if some one else makes a drastic change it can startle you.

Well....I tried to send a PM regarding purchasing a couple of the Valco decals like on the side of your boat and i dont think i did it right. Are they still available ? Mike.

Nice little boat, this reminds me of my first boat a 12ft jon boat, which we took trips to the bahamas in believe it or not (I'm in florida)...love your boat man...

great job with the design, I really like it! I was wondering how you installed the back seat? it looks like your able to insert it with a riser and also without. Is that something you rigged up or can something like that be purchased?

stales49 said:
great job with the design, I really like it! I was wondering how you installed the back seat? it looks like your able to insert it with a riser and also without. Is that something you rigged up or can something like that be purchased?
Thanks man! I'm actually a metal fabricator so I made them. You can purchase them in three pieces- pedestal, bench mount plate and seat mount all for about 15 bux a piece. Check out the boating section at basspro.com

Gators5220 said:
Nice little boat, this reminds me of my first boat a 12ft jon boat, which we took trips to the bahamas in believe it or not (I'm in florida)...love your boat man...
Thanks for the compliment! How long it take to get across?

It's a 60 mile trip, we prob went in the 15 to 20mph range so three to four hours? It's been a long time since those days over 10 years so hard for me to remember exactly! We did catch some nice fish thou...we musta been a sight to see deep droppin with krystal electric reels on a 600 ft shelf in a 12ft john boat haha...good thing my gps worked on my dad's 26 mako and my 12ft Sears john boat...

Gators5220 said:
It's a 60 mile trip, we prob went in the 15 to 20mph range so three to four hours? It's been a long time since those days over 10 years so hard for me to remember exactly! We did catch some nice fish thou...we musta been a sight to see deep droppin with krystal electric reels on a 600 ft shelf in a 12ft john boat haha...good thing my gps worked on my dad's 26 mako and my 12ft Sears john boat...
Haha yea I hear you on that one!