Alumacraft 1236 Makeover- livewell pg 11 - update front deck

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear ya, o well y'all should go to a good bowl gotta love that, nothing wrong with a one loss season at this day and age of college football.

russ010 said:
OK so here's where we are today... I went to walmart and got a paint remover disc that fits into the end of my power drill (instead of buying an angle grinder) - worked nicely for only $5. I really worked on a few areas where there was a lot of dings to get the burrs off so I wouldn't nick myself while walking around the boat.
0818081236.jpg

Then I used this zinc chromate primer. I got an eye shock when I opened it up and it was colored school bus yellow. I started putting this stuff on with my paint brush... but it was not working well at all. I never even though about why this stuff was drying so fast - it's 12pm and the boat is sitting in full sun! Doh! ](*,) Well I went ahead and put it on pretty thick, I'll probably wait until this afternoon when it cools off a little bit after being in the shade and put another coat on it.

0818081337.jpg

whats the chromate for?
I'll take better pics in a little while and post them tonight, my camera battery died and I took these with my cell phone.

the zinc chromate is a corrosion resistant primer... 5 years later and this boat still looks like it was just painted.

So for the trolling motor mount front deck.you simply screwed through the wood into thin sheet aluminum? How does that possibly hold without a nut on the other side?

Not sure if you're still checking this thread... but I have the exact same boat. Thanks for being so thorough!

What I'm thinking is almost exactly the same as your setup.

Wondering if you still have the boat? Is it working well for you? anything you would do differently?