Alumacraft 1236 Makeover- livewell pg 11 - update front deck

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wdmccall said:
Russ, what kind of saw did you use to cut out the bench seat? By the way, great looking boat..

Wd

like the other guys said, I drilled 3/8" holes in the corners, then used my jig saw to cut it out. To take out the styrofoam, I used a hack saw blade and cut out the big square in the middle, then the rest of it fell out. It was actually 2 separate pieces of styrofoam - they were in layers.

I sold the boat recently, but I can still answer any questions about it - I spent enough time on it so I remember pretty much everything I did to it

Russ, I know this is old and long gone, But were did you get these totes with the yellow handle?

DSCF0228.jpg

I know you already asked me about totes at the last tourney... bu those came from Home Depot. I don't know if they still have them or not, that was the last one they had back when I bought it

Hey Bugpac, I also like the yellow handled totes. Saw this thread and went to home depot today. They still carry them at the Jasper(Pickens Co) Home Depot. 12.97 each and they come with the boxes! Hope this helps.

yep, they still have them at the one in Canton too - I checked yesterday. They also have some orange ones that they put behind the yellow ones.

Hello everyone, new, to this site. Awsome site with alot of talanted and creative folks here. My question is I am planning on doing the same style of storage with the bench seat but I want to add the pin type pedistal base to the rear seat. Do you think this is possibe and how would I go about doing this. I plan on using the 3/4 ply over the top of the seat. Thanks

traven said:
Hello everyone, new, to this site. Awsome site with alot of talanted and creative folks here. My question is I am planning on doing the same style of storage with the bench seat but I want to add the pin type pedistal base to the rear seat. Do you think this is possibe and how would I go about doing this. I plan on using the 3/4 ply over the top of the seat. Thanks

Welcome aboard traven.

I would post this question in a new thread and post some pics of your boat if you can. Lot's of folks here would be glad to help, but probably best we don't start a discussion about modding your boat in someone else's thread.

Brine

hi everyone i am new to this i am working on 14 ft jon flat bottom. i plan on putting decking usin alum frame. any info on cutting the decking would be helpful. thanks jp

Hey Russ. Im doing a similar build project of my own. Out of all the builds i like your paint scheme the best. I hope you dont mind me borrowing your idea on the paint. How has the black interior worked out for you? Thanks for the ideas and great job on the build. Hope mine turns out at least half as sharp!

taterosu said:
Hey Russ. Im doing a similar build project of my own. Out of all the builds i like your paint scheme the best. I hope you dont mind me borrowing your idea on the paint. How has the black interior worked out for you? Thanks for the ideas and great job on the build. Hope mine turns out at least half as sharp!

sorry it's taken me months to reply - life's been busy.

The black has actually held up well (I don't have this boat anymore, but it still looks like it did when I painted it years ago).

long time reader, first time poster... Hello :)

I recently obtained a 10' sears gamefisher. it's a flatbottom jon boat. very thin, maybe 36"

Would anyone *NOT* recommend modding this boat, in the style that Russ has? I would really like to have a more comfortable fishing experience, and frankly it's terrible on my knees and my back currently. maybe I could get some pictures on here, to show you where I am coming from. But I think the majority of the population on this thread knows what I am talking about.

Thanks for keeping my interests and I hope to become a contributor very soon.

~ Erik

zeedogg said:

I recently obtained a 10' sears gamefisher. it's a flatbottom jon boat. very thin, maybe 36"

Would anyone *NOT* recommend modding this boat, in the style that Russ has? I would really like to have a more comfortable fishing experience, and frankly it's terrible on my knees and my back currently. maybe I could get some pictures on here, to show you where I am coming from. But I think the majority of the population on this thread knows what I am talking about.

~ Erik

Erik,
Welcome!

I would not mod it. I would add a seat with back support if you do not have that already.

Post pics anyway, you might get a different opinion.

zeedogg said:

~ Erik

Erik,

You can mod it - but you have to keep your center of gravity low. I personally wouldn't mod a 10' boat, because if you are sitting up on a seat with a pedestal, when you set the hook, you are liable to keep going back and over in your boat because the boat is not wide enough to handle your hookset. I've seen 1232's done the way mine is, and they have a hard time keeping the boat stable.

On the other hand, I've seen guys take 1432s and deck them all the way up as far as they can. They get used to it, while the guy in the front stands the whole time, while the guy in the back has a high pedestal. They just have to talk to each other before they set the hook so the other guy doesn't end up in the water.

Hey man you a gator fan, or just happen upon the orange and blue color scheme? Either way nice job on the boat super clean... =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Gators5220 said:
Hey man you a gator fan, or just happen upon the orange and blue color scheme? Either way nice job on the boat super clean... =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

I am NOT a Gator fan in any shape, form or fashion... but my father-in-law is...

I'm actually a Clemson fan - but those are my favorite colors and turned out very well.

russ010 said:
Gators5220 said:

I'm actually a Clemson fan - but those are my favorite colors and turned out very well.
Just had to post this!

carolina_clemson.jpg

fragdemon said:
russ010 said:
Gators5220 said:

Just had to post this!

carolina_clemson.jpg

lol... actually, cocky is working the fries - along with the nuggets :)

It's cool no worries, I thought y'all had Florida State earlier this year, you guys and us are in the same position this year, having great seasons but one key lose. Sucks, but what are you gonna do? You think you guys have the old ball coach this year?

Gators5220 said:
It's cool no worries, I thought y'all had Florida State earlier this year, you guys and us are in the same position this year, having great seasons but one key lose. Sucks, but what are you gonna do? You think you guys have the old ball coach this year?

Ya know.. I dunno.

The players love Dabo because he wears his heart on his sleeve. He rejoices with them, and he commiserates with them at the same time - and he places blame on no one when things go wrong. He's a good guy, and an awesome recruiter.

And I hear ya about that that one key loss... FSU upset us - but frankly I'm glad it was an ACC team (and especially FSU) that knocked us down. We just need to be able to play a whole freaking game. These 62-42 scoring games drive me crazy and I lose interest when they run the score up and let the other team come back and almost take it