Any center forward console owners?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a guy up where I run that has a SeaArk 1872 but it has the normal center console. That boat has a lot of room in it. He has the extended deck up front so there isn't much room to move the console forward but without that deck, move the console forward and that would be a great setup.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=360129&sid=ab1a640727ceef32328929ac0766756d#p360129 said:
kthmarks » 19 Jul 2014, 21:07[/url]"]My ride.....da bomb. 1860CCJ

IMG_1908_zps7fc59b82.jpg

CampMac_zps777bae4a.jpg

IMGP00091_zps1818b67b.jpg

I have an almost identical setup. Love it. Question is that a strap on the motor pump in the trailer pic to keep the engine from swinging?

Here's mine. 1648 SeaArk w stick steering and rowing seat in the middle. Goes super shallow, has tons of room on the back, middle and front and the 60/40 jet pushes it like a champ anywhere you want to go...Can't beat it!

Attachments

• IMG_20140517_184616_995.jpg
    IMG_20140517_184616_995.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,015
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=360657#p360657 said:
chasinrainbows » Yesterday, 15:12[/url]"]Here's mine. 1648 SeaArk w stick steering and rowing seat in the middle. Goes super shallow, has tons of room on the back, middle and front and the 60/40 jet pushes it like a champ anywhere you want to go...Can't beat it!

About three years ago at really low water saw a guy and gal in a setup exactly like that go over a mound in absolute slack water with @ 3" of water clearance and he never noticed it.

Clean set up, I've really started to love rowing and drifting my rig. Where did you find that seat? I'm liking the low back.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=360657#p360657 said:
chasinrainbows » 23 Jul 2014, 13:12[/url]"]Here's mine. 1648 SeaArk w stick steering and rowing seat in the middle. Goes super shallow, has tons of room on the back, middle and front and the 60/40 jet pushes it like a champ anywhere you want to go...Can't beat it!

I have a center console polarkraft 1896 with a merc 65jet.
The beam width is critical with the cc otherwise, you would have difficulty getting around the boat.

I would like to move the console to the front but that probably won't happen.

Most of the guys on here are always tLking about short/skinny boats which serve there purpose (faster and better maneuverability) I am partial to the wider boats for a couple reasons...
Width displaces more water which allows me to draft less floating but I give up speed.
Width provides me more stability for hunting and fishing from the boat.

If anyone is still looing at this original post...
what would I need to buy to move my console further forward? A longer steering cable, throttle and whatever the cable is that moves to F&R.
Any suggestions???

I'm thinking about it as well. I would need a longer steering cable, longer throttle and shift cables, longer engine electrical cable (I think mine is the 8 prong Mercury cable) and possibly lengthen any other power accessory wiring if you have any. The one thing holding me back right now is that my beach chair fits perfectly in front of the console between the console and front deck. :) If I move the console, I lose the beach chair space.

The beach chair is a dilemma.
I'll need to price out the throttle and shift cables. I have a significant amount of electrical coiled up.

I just like the idea of being upfront for better visibility.

image.jpgimage.jpg
texasjetdrive14 said:
Nope, my normal running grounds are here in central Texas.
Here is my ride.. A 2013 16 foot Snyder with a 60/40 Mercury jet.

97Aero said:
I have an almost identical setup. Love it. Question is that a strap on the motor pump in the trailer pic to keep the engine from swinging?

Not sure about his, but I strap my motor down like that also. Mine is to protect my stick steer from damage if the motor were to sway back and forth while towing. Specifically written instructions from Ezy-Glide actually.

This is what I run. 2015 1860CCJ with Yamaha 115/80 jet. 2 power poles, minnkota deckhand 40, minnkota Terrova 80 with I pilot link. Doing the ktmarks upgrade on the helm right now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,440
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,440
reedjj said:
Heathyoung....
What speed are you getting with the 115/80. How shallow will she run, and have you had any cavitation issues, and do you have any dislikes about ur G3?

38 mph loaded with one large gloomis bag, cooler, 4 fly rods, 38# anchor, (2) deep cycles, myself at 180, my dad at 175 and full of gas. It is plenty fast. Jumps out of the hole in 2-3 boat lengths and I have only ran it in 5"+ water wide open. It will draft 6" (we actually measured it the day I took the pictures) look at the pick you can see how shallow it floats by looking at the hull in the water. The 115/80 weighs 13 pounds more than rhe 90/65 cost $1100.00 more but the hole shot is amazing. Absolutely no cavitation issues. These boats are excellently engineered.

I love everything about the boat, would be nice to have more storage but that is the case in all boats. It is super light in my opinion. I can push it off the trailer in very minimal water. I can crank it back on with minimal water. I would buy it again. I'm having it wrapped in the next 2 weeks and will have the helm upgrade complete. I plan to upload new pics.

Here is my 1860 RockProof ModV tunnel with a Optimax 150/110, the boat is built like a tank and handles like a sports car. The best part is you can have these boats custom built to your specs and purpose of use. I had mine buit with 4ft front and rear decks and large center cockpit. Tons of storage and great fishing boat.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,416
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,416
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,416
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 1,416
Mine started out as a 1648 side console that I converted to a front CC. The modification was pretty simple and it made a huge difference in navigating shallow water as well as improved the shallow water hole shot. The battery was also moved to the front under the console to help weight distribution.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 1,410
Awesome. Thank you Heathyoung. Been going back and forth with the G3 or a SeaArk 2072. You may have just made up my mind for me. Hard to find any decent reviews on the G3's or any videos about them. Let alone since they upped HP rating to 115/80.

reedjj said:
Awesome. Thank you Heathyoung. Been going back and forth with the G3 or a SeaArk 2072. You may have just made up my mind for me. Hard to find any decent reviews on the G3's or any videos about them. Let alone since they upped HP rating to 115/80.

No problem. You can pm me if you need more info. The sea ark is great boat too. I looked at them before I bought the G3. You can also get the sea ark with an extended deck. There were 2 factors that I weighed when I chose my boat. Sea ark does not offer a 1860 with a rating over 65 hp. You have to go to a 1872. That is crazy wide. The other is in TN it would take me 8-10 weeks to get one from the factory. I know it is a purchase worth waiting for but the G3 rep found my boat in an hour for me and we had it shipped to my local dealer. I was in between the two and it just so happened the G 3 was readily available.

Latest posts