New 2017 25hp 4 stroke efi yamaha

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any news on your new rig yet,can't wait to hear I'm sure good news on the Yamaha.

I moved this posting I did here to it's own thread, as not to alter his Yamaha thread. Sorry.

https://www.forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=43058

Talked to Cabela's last week. They got my boat and asked when I wanted to pick it up. I had a previously scheduled California trip through Friday, so I said I'd pick up my new boat today. I quizzed Cabela's on everything, from the trailer to the bimini top. I got the call yesterday from Cabela's, my motor shipped without the tiller handle and the hardware is on 2 week backorder. The one question I didn't ask. I was told I can take the boat as-is and use the electric motor. I declined and said I'm contemplating asking for my $9132.88 back. The sales manager said it may take a month to cut a check (a veiled threat).

I paid Cabela's for this boat in advance, on December 23rd of 2016. I was told 8-10 weeks worst case. It's nearly mid-May now.

I called back yesterday afternoon and said I want a 5% discount off the package. I was told I'd have my answer on Monday.

I really like this boat. The little V-16 Alumacraft has a basic vinyl floor and weighs less than 300 pounds. It should fly with an EFI 25hp Yamaha and be very efficient to operate.

On the other side, the money I paid in December plus the money I saved since could buy a boat with more features, like a Lund Rebel 1600. Plus I'd get a road trip to Utah.

Gawd I'm irritated at Cabela's Glendale AZ.

It's one thing if they told you it would be 5/6 months but man...I'd be pissed too
If your thinking you might like the lund and it's going to be in the back of your mind maybe that is the way to go. It's a tough call...I once had a new car in my yard pretty much all the paper work done and they wouldn't pay for the undercoating...told them to take it back. They then said they would pay for it but me being a little stubborn said it was too late...ended up buying a different brand, for more money,from another dealer.
They should at least compensate you with some extras or money if you stay with Cabelas.
Do you think it's because they were bought Out?

That really stinks but they never tell you the actual truth I have noticed. I mean most places are like that. A while back I ordered a carb from boats.net and it was on backorder. They told me the same crap,oh it should definitely be here in a few weeks,I call after a month goes by,oh it's any day now, another month goes by and I said ok,I want my money back and they were good for that and I know to a point it wasn't their fault but I told them why not just be completely honest and tell me were not sure when it's coming instead of leading me on month after month so I know how frustrating it can get. I also won't order something that is just coming out due to exactly what your going through. That is a bunch of garbage and I would demand my money back and find another boat or just buy the same boat with a suzuki on it. Just my 2 cents. I guess though you waited this long,if you have the patience you can wait it out a bit longer if you really want it. I feel your pain though,really sucks and they should do something for you like a nice gift card or something.

Well, Cabelas agreed to take $500 off the package price. That number is right near the 5% I asked for, in exchange for waiting another 2 weeks.

So I go back to waiting, tick-tock-tick-tock.

I don't think I'll ever order a boat again, and I'll never pay up front.

EDIT:. I don't think this is buyout related. I'm relatively certain Cabela's only orders the motor once the boat is getting shipped. So despite getting paid in December, they didn't order the Yamaha outboard until a couple weeks ago, which is when they discovered the backordered tiller.

That is a great deal, $500 off,can't complain about that. Well now it's a waiting game. Now you can buy extra stuff needed for your boat with the extra money. If your looking for an outboard cover as I would to protect your outboard check this out as I bought one today and they are awesome quality for a great price. They have 4 different colors to. Check them out.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GREEN-VORTEX-COMPLETE-OUTBOARD-MOTOR-COVER-HOODIE-25-30-HP-/371556962396?hash=item568285505c%3Ag%3ATu4AAOSwQYZWxfAX&_trkparms=pageci%253Ab5250ccd-34f7-11e7-8865-74dbd1a0979a%257Cparentrq%253Aeef0e2dc15b0a35713ba1c36fffd01d3%257Ciid%253A2

Seen the local dealer today, wanted to look at a new one. They still don't have them. But they have plenty of the older ones, and they're severely discounted. The 20hp was $1000 off. They had brand new 25's (2016's) electric start long shaft manual tilt (with tilt assist) for $3399 which I thought was pretty good. The 20 was priced a LOT better though, I want to say it was $2299 but I could be wrong since I did not look at it that closely. Salesman said they had a few of both in stock, some on the floor and some in boxes. If I was in the market for one, I'd sure jump on the pricing for the '16's.

Still waiting, tick-tock-tick-tock.

Saw this video:. https://youtu.be/aBJxBpxIb78

Dying here.

Scoob - about 15 years ago, I went to my Jon Boat dealer in Orlando
to inquire about a new Johnson 25 and he said he had switched to Yamaha
exclusivly and he had one new "last years" Yamaha model left before the new
ones hit the shelf and it was right at $3,000.00 then for the basic pull start
tiller 2 stroke..... so with your information, I am surprised that they still
hold their value. (( I ended up keeping my mid-70s Johnson ))
wishing you much happiness and safety with your new ride !!!!!!!!!!!

I called Cabela's again today and got the latest info on my boat. The salesman says he has good news and bad news. According to him the tiller handle arrived, but the controls didn't. His Yamaha rep says the controls are backordered until June.

I ordered this boat and paid on December 23rd. Alumacraft has exactly 4 options for the V-16, red, blue, white or Khaki. Cabela's only stocks white, so I ordered a red one. I was told 8-10 weeks of waiting.

I'm driving to Cabela's in a couple hours. I don't know what I'm going to do.

DaisyCutter said:
Still waiting, tick-tock-tick-tock.

Saw this video:. https://youtu.be/aBJxBpxIb78

Dying here.

This video isn't that impressive lol. I've towed skiers with my old 96 25 Evinrude. I feel like any 25 with the appropriate size boat should be able to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I did get a chance to see my boat, in pieces, in the Cabela's back lot.

IMG_20170517_195158.jpg

IMG_20170517_195116.jpg

And the motor, less tiller and controls.

IMG_20170517_185547942.jpg

IMG_20170517_195340.jpg

They say June. Tick-tock-tick-tock

See if you can get a deal (maybe free) guide-ons....really help when loading the boat.
June is not real far away...hope there isn't to many more delays.

That is the Cabellas location that we use. I'll have to peek over the back fence. Don't worry the drool will wash off. :lol:

Remember Daisy Cutter,it's more than likely not cabela's fault. I'm sure they are doing their best to get you up and running. Sometimes places like yamaha experience bad back orders so it's a whole process. Hey,you waited this long and they gave you a $500 discount which imo is awesome and most places wouldn't give u anything . I guarantee your wait will be well worth it my friend. Your going to like that boat a ton. I love the red,it's sweet. That yamaha should move that nicely along even with 3 or 4 people in it. Remember also this is a brand new outboard that just came out so you have to expect delays,it happens to everyone including me and believe me I know it's frustrating. I'm sure cabela's is only telling you what yamaha is telling them so it's not cabela's fault,they only go by what like I said yamaha is telling them. You should have it within the next few weeks to a couple months at the most I would guess. If I were you I would call yamaha and ask them what is going on and why it's taking so long because they are the ones cabela's is waiting on. Also tell yamaha not to blow smoke up your butt and tell them to be truthful on the length of time it's going to take before the parts get shipped to cabela's. $500 you can get a nice trolling motor for that boat and a fish finder or all kinds of nice extras. I can't wait on your review of the Yamaha when you get it because I'm thinking either that or the suzuki will be my next outboard. I'm in love with 126lbs ,that is insane light for a 25hp. My 25hp 2 stroke merc was at 115lbs so for a 4 stroke to be only 11 lbs more they have finally got it right. Also the suzuki is only 136lbs but it's a 3 cylinder on top of it to so you can't beat that. Ok,can't wait to hear you go nuts after using it. I just have a feeling your gonna love that engine .

Go get that Lund... In the long run you will be much happier.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

The Cabela's sales guy asked his Yamaha rep again, and I'm still waiting for a response.

Cabela's got their money on December 23rd.

Alumacraft didn't ship the boat until April 28th, which is when Cabela's ordered the motor.

Had Cabela's ordered the motor when they got the money, then I'd be on the lake today.

The delay now is Yamaha's 'fault', but only because Cabela's waited until the last minute to place the order.