Dyeguy's 1648 Mod- Pics Update... DONE

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great work...I just looked through your whole thread!...getting me stoked about getting my first boat and next little project to play with besides car stuff!!

huntingbronco said:
Did you use flat piano hinges or did you use ones that have wrap to them so the fasten to the bottom surface of the hatch, rather than the top surface?

Thanks - HB.

Normal piano hinges, screwed into the side of the plywood.

I know you have a new "ride" do you know what the max horsepower is for this boat? I found one on craigslist exactly like this stock but it only has a 25HP motor on it and was just wondering if I can get it cheap enough and hock the 25HP whats the biggest I could put on it? Going to look and possibly buy it on saturday.

Thanks

I called Tracker who now owns Fisher and they said similar boats have a max HP of 60, but they weren't sure about this particular model. The transom had a very small amount of flex when gunning it from a standstill with my 40 HP, so I'd guess that's about right. I wouldn't feel safe with anything over 75 HP based on length and width alone...

Excellent I dont want a 70. I can lay my hands on a nice 50 Honda 4 stroke so if I get it, I am thinking about just selling the 25 and putting the 50 on in my build.